Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Rustic Mailboxes Tutorial

Hello! Today I have a card featuring images from Country Roads, along with a few of the wonderful new Gina K Color Companions inks.

I started by stamping the mailboxes with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Pure Luxury Ivory cardstock.

Then began coloring with my E27 Copic marker.

Filled in the posts with E31.

For the mailboxes themselves, I started with N3.

Filled in with N1.

Then used R05 for the flags.

To make them look a bit rusty, I added some E97 here and there.

Next I used YG95 on the grass and W3 to shade around the bottom.

I used Spellbinders® Ovals LG to cut and emboss the card stock and then sponged Gina K Dark Chocolate ink while still in the die template.

Sponged a bit of Gina K Sweet Corn around the top.

Then sponged a bit of Gina K Fresh Asparagus around the bottom.

 I cut and embossed another piece of ivory cardstock using Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A die template and sponged Gina K Dark Chocolate while still in the die template.

Then sponged Gina K Sweet Corn.

I stamped the windmill using Gina K Dark Chocolate.

Then shaded a bit with W1 and W3.

Using a stick note to mask the edge, I stamped the plant using Gina K Kraft ink.

Then stamped a few more times on the other side.

I layered with Pure Luxury Dark Chcocolate card stock and used a Kraft card base (5 ½ by 4 ¼ inches)

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful day!

6 comments:

TammieLien said...

Amazing just love it...
Just wish I had copic markers and more ginak ink.It is on my wish list.But I will try with my markers and memento ink.I do have a few ginak ink:)Thanks for sharing..
I am going to make my brother a b'day card with this stampset:)))

Sharyn Polesel said...

Beautiful card, Theresa! Thanks so much for the great tutorial. I need to go and buy some more Copics. lol

Rosy Newlun said...

How serene and peaceful. I just love your blending of colors. And so cool to think of adding just a touch of rust to the mail boxes!!!

Welmoed said...

Thank you for this great tutorial!
Beautiful card!

Welmoed

Sonja said...

I love your cards. Just wish I had more of the stamps and the inks and offcause the copic markers. Have got a rather long and expensive wish list. But one day, I know. You make beautifull cards. Thank you for sharing with us all

Pixie said...

All of your cards are incredible! Thanks for sharing!