Friday, August 16, 2013

Hot Air Balloon Card Tutorial

Hello! Here is a card featuring images from my newest stamp set, Up and Away from Gina K Designs. If you pop over to the store be sure to check out all the new products in the store. There is a new StampTV Kit and a bunch of new Gina K Color Companions inks, buttons and ribbons! This card also uses one of the new Spellbinders® Nestabilities® Card Creator sets, called Pearl Effects.

To begin I cut and embossed Pure Luxury White cardstock using Spellbinders Nestabilities A2 Matting Basics B, then sponged a bit of Memento Cantaloupe ink.

Sponged Memento Angel Pink ink.

Sponged Memento Lilac Posies.

Sponged Memento Bahama Blue.

Then sponged Memento Danube Blue.

The large hot air balloon was stamped on white, using Memento Tuxedo black ink. I started coloring with a V12 Copic marker.

Added V04.

Then added V06.

I started on the other stripes using B21. Then added B23 (sorry, I missed snapping that photo).

Added added B26.

I finished with E31 on the basket and Y23 on the horizontal stripes. After coloring, I cut out the image.

On the medium hot air balloon, I started with B00.

Added BG02.

Then added BG05 and cut out this image, too.

For the clouds, I inked up with Memento Tuxedo Black, but stamped off once on scratch paper to make the image lighter. To color, I started with W3.

Then added W1 and used my blender pen to smooth out the transition to white. I cut out the clouds, too.

I stamped the sentiment, also from Up and Away on the background, then adhered the clouds. The hot air balloons were attached with 3D Foam Squares from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®. I layered with Pure Luxury Vibrant Purple, cut and embossed with Pearl Effects Nestabilities. The 4 ¼ by 5 ½ inch card base is Pure Luxury White.

Thanks for dropping by. I hope your weekend is fabulous!


3 comments:

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Oh Theresa- this made me smile! What a gorgeous creation!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is fabulous, I love it.

Unknown said...

Theresa...This is beautiful...It reminds me of the hot air balloons that I get to enjoy every morning here in Phoenix. Lovely project. <3 Stacey