Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Thanks Card Tutorial


Hello! Today I am revisiting the Thanks card I made for the Spellbinders Blog Frenzy a few weeks ago. I have a few step by step photos to show how I made the card. I'll be back Friday with a new card using my latest Gina K stamp set.

Supply List:

· Dies used 
S5-152 - Fancy Lattice NEW
S4-366 - Spellbinders Labels Twenty-six (#2, 3, 4) NEW
· Cross Promotional Companies
Just Rite Stampers - Stamp Set
Gina K Designs  - Card stock
Creative Impressions - Crepe Ribbon
Xyron - Mega Runner
Scrapbook Adhesives - 3D Foam Squares

To emboss, place the Fancy Lattice die template on the Grand Calibur base plate, cutting side up, then place your card stock on top of that. Next layer the tan embossing mat,  then the pink embossing plate. Then run it through your Grand Calibur Machine.

After embossing, you can make the design really pop by lightly sponging over it with ink.

To make the purple frame, I centered the number 3 Labels Twenty-six die template, within the number 4 die template, and held them in place with painters tape on purple card stock. I ran it through my Grand Calibur to cut and emboss.

 For the center panel, I embossed with the Labels Twenty-six die template.

Then, with the die template held in place with sticky notes, which were masking the sides of the card stock, I sponged Memento Grape Jelly ink.

I stamped the Just Rite sentiment using Memento Tuxedo Black and the flourish with Memento Grape Jelly. The big puffy bow was made with Creative Impressions Crepe ribbon and the bling flourish is by Zva Creative.

Thanks for visiting. I hope you have a wonderful Independence Day! Stay safe. :)

No comments: