Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Ticket Trio Tutorial

Good morning! I'm still catching up on posting tutorials for last weeks GKD release projects. This one is for Tami's cool new set, Ticket Trio. This is a fun set. Although mine is red rubber, this would be a great set to try out Gina's new clear stamps option.

To begin, I cut Pure Luxury Ivory card stock using my Spellbinders™ Shapeabilities® Labels and Tags large ticket die template. Then I sponged Memento Pistachio ink around the edges of the openings.

Tip: If you don't have the Labels and Tags Spellbinders set, you can still create this look. Stamp the image first, then trim around the edges to create a rectangle. Use a standard hole punch to punch out semi-circles between the tickets, then at each corner. Or, if you have a ticket corner punch, you can use that. If you want perforations between the tickets, you can use a piercing tool or Scor-Bug.

Then I used Memento Gray Flannel to stamp the ticket image. Since I was using red rubber, I simple centered the image by hand and stamped. With the wonderful cut lines Gina produces in her red rubber, it was easy to do without a stamp positioner, but this is where clear stamps would have come in handy!

Next, I stamped the two sentiments with Memento Espresso Truffle.

I used the smaller ticket die template in Labels and Tags to cut another piece of Ivory, then sponged with Memento Pistachio. After removing from the die template, I stamped the words with Espresso Truffle again.

For the background, I sponged Memento Toffee Crunch.

Then sponged Memento Peanut Brittle.

Then sponged Memento Espresso Truffle. Although I have cut my background with rectangle Nestabilities, when assembling the card, I decided to trim the edges off, because the contrast distracted from the focal image.

I stamped the brach, from Celebrate the Season, using Memento Pistachio.

Then I used the star and "celebrate" stamps, from Ticket Trio, to stamp in a random pattern on the background. I used Espresso Truffle ink, but stamped off on scratch paper to make the images lighter.

I layered the background with Pure Luxury Smokey Slate. The designer paper is from Gina K's Casual Friday paper pack. I used some of the fabulous web ribbon from Creative Impressions and added three star brads. My 4 ¼ by 5 ½ inch card base is Pure Luxury Fresh Asparagus. 


Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a great day!





1 comment:

Becky said...

Awesome card Theresa!