Monday, June 18, 2012

Mountain Quail Tutorial

Happy Monday to you! Today I have a card I made for my dad for Father's Day. I made an embossed frame using my oval Nestabilities®, with a scene within. The embossing doesn't show up well in this photo, but you can click on the photo for a larger view to see it a little better.

To begin, I cut a piece an oval from scratch paper, using Spellbinders™ Nestabilities® Classic Ovals LG. I used this scratch paper oval as a mask. Then I cut a piece of Pure Luxury White to size and centered the scratch paper oval over it. 

I used painters tape to hold the oval die template in place, then ran it through my Grand Calibur® machine, along with the mask, to emboss.  Leaving the die template in place, I stamped the mountain, from Mountain Wilderness, using Memento Espresso Truffle ink.

I sponged Memento Summer Sky ink.

Then sponged Memento Pistachio ink.

To shade the mountain, I started with my BV00 Copic marker.

Added BV000.

Added C3.

Added C1.

Then added C5.

I stamped the row of trees, using Memento Gray Flannel ink, then stamped a few additional times without re-inking, for some distant appearing trees.

Stamped the trees again, this time with Memento London Fog.

Stamped the larger trees with Memento Espresso Truffle.

I used N5 to fill in the image next to the die template where it didn't stamp fully due to the thickness of die.

Then filled in a bit more with N7.

Added some grassy knolls by making small dots using YG95 and YG93.

Here you can see what it looked like after I removed the die template and mask.

 I stamped the quail on a piece of Pure Luxury White card stock, using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

Then I began coloring with W3.

 Added C3.

Added C5.

Added E31.

Then used YG95 to color in the grass. After coloring, I cut out the quail image. 

I adhered the quail to the background, then layered with Pure Luxury Moonlit Fog and Black Onyx. The card base is Pure Luxury Heavy Base Weight White (5 ½ by 4 ¼ inches). 

Thanks for sharing your time with me. I hope you have a wonderful day!


5 comments:

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

WOW beautiful scene, love your tutorial, thanks for sharing.
Greetings Anja

CardsbyMarianne.blogspt.com said...

Just gorgeous! Thanks for showing us how you did it...must give that a try!

Lana said...

Очень красиво!!!

Edna Siu said...

Your tutorials are always amazing with every single detail, you turn a simple stamp into story with depth, your generosity is greatly appreciated, thanks.

pitchoune said...

I love this card!thank's,A+