Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Just Peachy Dogwood

Hello! On today's card I am featuring a few of the wonderful companies that generously provided supplies to the Spellbinders™ DT at our stamping retreat, Xyron and KaiserCraft.

I stamped the oval image, from Dogwood and Butterfly (Gina K Designs), using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and used Copics to color. I began with E95.

Then I added E93  and used my blender to to soften into the highlights.

To deepen the shading a bit, I added E97 at the base of the petals.

I filled in the leaves with G21. I missed snapping the next photo, but I added YG96 to shade the leaves. After coloring, I cut out the flowers.

I stamped the oval image again and then used Spellbinders S4-110 Classic Ovals to cut it out. I used a few bits of painters tape to hold the die template in place while I ran it through my Grand Calibur.

Then I sponged Memento Angel Pink ink.

Sponged Memento Cantaloupe to make it look like peach.

Then I sponged a bit of Memento Rose Bud right around the edges.

I used BV00 and BV11 to added some shading round the flowers, then I adhered the cut out image to the oval, using Pop Dots.

I used a piece of KaiserCraft These Days pattern paper, cut to 3 ¾ by 5 inches and sponged Memento Rose Bud ink around the edges. This is a gorgeous collection of pattern papers! 

I cut some of the beautiful feathers from Spellbinders Jewel Fantasies and dropped them into my nifty new Xyron Create A Sticker. It is just so handy for adhering these small, detailed pieces.

I also used my new Xyron Mega Runner for adhering my layers. Love it!

I layered with Pure Luxury Tan Leather and used Just Peachy for my card base. I also used the reverse side of the same piece of KaiserCraft paper and cut it out with my Labels 18 die template, sponged with Memento Rose Bud, while still in the die, to layer under the oval. I used another piece to layer under the Tan Leather. I also added self adhesive pearls to the flower centers.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope your day is fabulous!

7 comments:

Maire Gamber said...

Beautiful ! I love your tutorials. I always learn so muc;h!
Hugs,
Marie

Theresa said...

This is such a pretty card. I love the feather die cut.

Dawnll said...

The colors and coloring are just so beautiful!

Donna Hanley said...

Absolutely gorgeous and thanks for the great tutorial, as usual.

Felicie said...

A stunning card,I love it.

Wordbird said...

Absolutely beautiful! You are the master.... I bow down to youuuuu....LOL

Seriously, so many of us have really benefited from your wonderful tutorials. ;D Thank you!

Pitchoune said...

si pretty! A+