Friday, July 15, 2011

Peace Be With You


Happy Friday! My card today is one I shared during the release party, but hadn't had a chance to show here on my blog yet. The images are from Melanie's newest, The Vine.

I started by stamping the vine on my background, using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

I used Copics to color the vine, starting with YG03.

Then I added YG25.

Added YG09.


Finished the rest of the leaves the same way.

Next, I sponged Memento Cantaloupe ink around the edges.

Sponged Memento Tangelo along the bottom and left edges,

Then sponged Memento Angel Pink along the top and right.

I stamped the little silhouette branch around the edges with Memento Angel Pink. Sorry that doesn't show up well in the photo. You can click on the image to make it bigger for a better look.

On another piece of Pure Luxury white cardstock, I stamped the small and larger trumpet flowers (large shown here) and colored with Copic markers. I started by filling in with YR000.

Added YR2.

Then added YR04.

For the stem portion, I used YG03 and YG09. After coloring, I cut out the flowers.

I stamped the sentiment on Pure Luxury Ivory and cut it out with Oval Nestabilities and sponed with Cantaloupe and Angel Pink while it was still in the die. Then I layered with it with Pure Luxury Just Peachy cardstock and adhered it to the background with Pop Dots. The flowers were then adhered with Pop Dots. I layered with Pure Luxury Ivory and added an ivory organdy bow before adhering to a Just Peachy card base.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a fabulous weekend!

6 comments:

Tina said...

VERY peaceful! Love it!

DebraM said...

What a gorgeous card...love the colors and the new stamp set.

Becky said...

This is beautiful Theresa.

Judy Inukai said...

Beautiful card. Your coloring, as always is amazing. TFS

Alison H said...

absolutely gorgeous!!

velta said...

Theresa ~ This is simply stunning! You are so talented with your coloring. Your inspiration has sent me soaring with trying to CASE your art work. My first attempt, I have to admit, is not nearly as perfect as yours, but because of your inspiration, I can see that I just might get better. Thank you for sharing such a "happy" place for me!