Friday, June 10, 2011

Pelican

 Hello and happy Friday! Today I have a card made with my new stamp set, By The Sea. I also included to tiny seashells from Melanie's Gifts From the Sea. These two sets compliment each other perfectly!

 To start, I stamped the pelican, from By The Sea, using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

 I used Copic markers to color, starting with E53.

 Added E51.

 And used YR02 on the beak and feet.

 For the post, I started with E59.

Added E37.


Added E35.


Then filled in with E53. After coloring, I cut out the image.




For the background, I cut an oval using Nestabilities and sponged with Memento Summer Sky while still in the die.

I sponged a little Memento Danube Blue for the sky.

Then I masked the top with a sticky note and sponged Memento Bahama Blue for the sea.

I used my B00 Copic marker and an opaque white marker to add some waves.

Then stamped the seagulls with Memento Tuxedo Black.

The larger background was sponged with Memento Bahama Blue ink and I stamped a shell, from Gifts From The Sea, using Memento London Fog ink. I layered with Pure Luxury Tan Leather and used Ocean Mist for the card base. I adhered the image using Pop Dots.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a fabulous weekend!

5 comments:

DebraM said...

This is beautiful Theresa....I LOVE your card and your new stamp set :)

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Theresa- I want to head to the ocean NOW! Gorgeous card!

Nana Griffin said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!

Unknown said...

I always know I'm in for a treat when your next e-mail hits the mat! This is no exception. It's stunning and your fab tutorial makes it so attainable. Thank you Theresa! xxx

Jessica Y. said...

Hello, I have recently discovered your blog and was so happy about it. I really like your work and decided to go back to your older posts (not done yet, still so many more to look). Just want to let you know (as you probably already knew from others) that you have an amazing blog with all the fabulous projects.