Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Sympathetic Dragonflies

Hello! Here is another card using Follow Your Dreams. 

I used rectangle Nestabilities to cut the background, then sponged Memento Cantaloupe ink. 

Sponged Memento Angel Pink ink.

Then sponged very lightly with Memento Lady Bug.


Sponged Memento Summer Sky from the bottom. 

Then, with the sponge dauber I use for Tuxedo Black, I sponged without inking it, just using the residual ink left on the dauber. 

I stamped the water grass with Tuxedo Black ink. 

 I used N1 and N3 to add some shadows to the water.

Used R02 to add some clouds to the sky. 

I decided the background needed to have a horizon line, so I masked the top with a sticky note and sponged a little Memento Summer Sky. 

To color the dragonflies, I started with BG10 on the wings. 

 Added B02.

Added B04 and used N3 to the body. 

 The dragonflies were cut out and adhered with Pop Dots. I layered with Pure Luxury Black Onyx. The card base is Pure Luxury Baby Boy Blue. I embossed a frame using rectangle Nestabilities. The sentiment is from Garden Silhouettes.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!

11 comments:

Cindy (Stamp With Me Cindy G/Stamping Therapy) said...

I'm drooling over this. It is so pretty. I love your techniques on this also.

PinksyDoodles said...

This is stunning!
Clare x

Becky said...

Theresa, this is stunning!
Have a great day. :)

Betty Benton said...

Truly lovely, Theresa!

Kary said...

Theresa, this is a Beautiful card!! Thank you for always sharing a great tutorial too. Much appreciated! {{Hugs}}

Barb Ghig said...

Oh my, what a GORGEOUS card! Your inking techniques and Copic coloring is stunning...I also love that you embossed around the image ~ Just BEAUTIFUL!!!!! (Thanks for sharing your techniques with us, too)!

SandyK said...

This is a fabulous card. Love it!

Jan Castle said...

Beautiful card...QUESTION: when you say you 'sponge'...could you at some point show us exactly how you do that...lightly circle, dab, - just what do you do to sponge??????????????????????????
Thanks so much,
Jan
P.S. I have been wondering about this for a longggggggggggg time! LOL!

Nana Griffin said...

So very pretty, I love all the colors!

Linda said...

You card ver very pretty and I think butterflies are awsome!

Candy said...

This is beautiful. I'm going to use this idea as a template for invitations. I how I can master this technique!