Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Little Pink Flowers

Hi there! My card today has images from Aloha and Hope Grows.

I stamped the plumeria flower from Aloha using Memento Tuxedo Black in and colored with Copics, starting with RV19.

Added RV25.

Filled in with RV21. I colored two more flowers the same way and cut all three out.

For the background I sponged Memento New Sprout, starting in the center and working toward the edges, keeping the center darker.

I stamped a branch, from Hope Grows, several times, using Memento Bamboo Leaves.

I formed the card base, folded at the top, then punched partial circles along the edges using a 1/2 inch circle punch.
I used a ruler to draw lines between the punched semicircles, using a Copic Atyou Spica Glitter pen.

I lined the inside of the card base with Pure Luxury Bubblegum Pink, so it would peek out from the semicircles. I layered the background with Pure Luxury Passionate Pink and adhered the flowers using Pop Dots. I added self adhesive pearls to the flower centers and a bow to embellish. The sentiment is from Hope Grows.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Theresa. This is my first comment I'm leaving for you but I have been following you for quite awhile, so I figure I'm way over due. Just wanted to tell you I love your style!! I just love the way you shade the back grounds, it just makes the focal element POP off the card!! Plus I like seeing the steps on how you color an image. I don't have copics (I'm one of those people that can't just buy one, gotta have them all) but I do use the prisma color pencils & OMS so I can follow your directions with those. Keep up the good work & I'll keep visiting to see what you do next!!

Esther Asbury said...

What a beautiful card --- thanks for showing us how you "built" it -- inspires me to get busy on the sympathy card I've been putting off!

TTL said...

Lisa worded the above perfectly. Your style is gorgeous, I just love the way you show how you colour your images, you make it seem so easy. I followed your GC Labels 4 tutorial making a box and envelope. I will send you a photo of my box, it took me several attempts, but I'm please with the outcome. I shall be using that style box for all occasions. Thank you for sharing. Linda

DebraM said...

This is simply the most beautiful card...I have been a BIG fan and student of yours for quite a while and I am totally awestruck with your great artistic abilities...love love love your tutorials. Thanks for sharing.

Gayle C. said...

Another beautiful card and design. I love the sketch layout with those little semicircles and that extra pop of color. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

OOOOOOOOOOOO I like your card. What a neat idea punching half circles, drawing colored lines across the CS and then to back the punched circles with matching CS. W O W !!!!! I enjoy your coloring tutorials also. OH and your stamp sets. Thanks!!!
Jean McGee

Colorado Crafter said...

What a beautiful card!! I always enjoy your blog and reading how you create your artwork. Thanks so much for making us "not-so-artistic" people feel like we can make beautiful cards!

Betty Benton said...

Lovely card! The soft background sponging and the pearls for the flower centers are my favorites!!

Luv 2 Create said...

Theresa, you definitely have a fabulous style of your own. Love all the angles.
Marcie

msadoc said...

Theresa, Beautiful card, love the colors. Thanks for sharing your talent.

Yvonne