Friday, February 11, 2011

Sweet Plumeria Flowers

Happy Friday, everyone! Hope you're all having a stampy day. It's time for a new color challenge at StampTV and this is the card I made for it. I used images from Hope Grows and Aloha.

The colors are Moonlit Fog, Sweet Mango and White. We would love to have you play along. Participants have a random chance of winning a free stamp set from Gina K Designs!

I stamped the plumeria flower, from Aloha, using Tuxedo Black ink, and used Copics to color, starting with YR07.

Added YR04.

Filled in with YR000. I colored the two remaining flowers the same way, then cut them out.

I stamped one of the branches, from Hope Grows, using Memento London Fog ink, twice, in opposite directions.

Using another branch from Hope Grows, I stamp repeatedly. This time I inked up with London Fog, stamped off on scratch paper, then stamped on the card stock, to make these branches lighter.

I adhered the flowers over the branches, using Pop Dots and added self adhesive pearls to the flower centers. I cut out the oval using Spellbinders Petite Oval Nestabilities and layered with Pure Luxury Sweet Mango. The sentiment is from Fanciful Fall and layered with Moonlit Fog cardstock.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful weekend! New stamp previews next week, from Gina K Designs. Can't wait!

5 comments:

Melanie said...

awesome card, adding the hope grows leave i idn't even realize those wer the "Aloha" flowers had to look and see which set, greta way to change it up!(didn't get mine done today bviously, boo!)

Chelsea said...

Gorgeous! Love that look and those colors.

Betty Benton said...

such a lovely card, Theresa!

Payne Holler Cards said...

love this!!! going to CAS for a gift set for a friend TFS

Sheree said...

What a beautiful card!! Those colours look fabulous together!