Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Heart Pouch

Here is another project I made for VSN this past weekend. The challenge was to use a heart shaped base. I decided to turn mine into a hanging treat pouch. I picked up those cute heart candies to fill it with. Polished those off yesterday...  So much for new year's resolutions. But it's all in the name of art, right? ;)

To make the base, I folded a piece of Pure Luxury Innocent Pink card stock and lined up the fold with one side of my largest heart shaped Nestabilities. Then I sandwiched it between my plates and ran it through my Grand Calibur.

Here is a look with the scrap piece, so you can see where the folded edge was when cutting.

I embossed the base using my Floral Fantasy Cuttlebug folder,  then sponged Memento Angel pink along the edges.


I cut the scallop piece sticking out the side, using rectangle Nestabilities, from a piece of Basic Grey Bittersweet pattern paper.

I tucked the scallop piece along the open side and adhered using Scor-tape, to close the side.

A few little heart shaped brads re-enforced the side. I added a heart shape using more Bittersweet paper and stamped the heart, from Hopeful Hearts, using SU Lady Bug red and cut out. The sentiment is from Sweetest Memories and stamped with SU Real Red ink.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a sweet day!

6 comments:

iriseyes said...

Theresa, this is adorable! Just big enough for a few treats- perfect! I also never realized that the "floral fantasy" EF has hearts on it - I'm off to my LSS to get that one. Thanks for this great project.

Judi said...

Adorable!

Runnergirl Creations said...

Great card! I love the tutorial!! Fantastic details! Thanks for sharing! :)

Runnergirl Creations said...

Great card! I love the tutorial!! Fantastic details! Thanks for sharing! :)

Unknown said...

It's beautiful !!!!

Haley D. said...

Beautiful treat pouch!