Friday, November 5, 2010

Happy Nest

Hello! I made this card for a challenge at Speedy The Cat's blog, that my mom hosted a few weeks ago. I didn't get it loaded in time for the challenge deadline, so I'm sharing it now. The challenge was to use stitching or faux stitching. I took the easy way out with faux. I used a Mark's Finest Papers set, Ferns and Chickadee on my card.

I started on my background by sponging Memento Cantaloupe ink.

Sponged Memento New Sprout.

Sponged Memento Bamboo Leaves.

Then I sponged just a tiny bit of Memento Rich Cocoa and stamped the fern with Memento Tuxedo Black.

I used Copics to color, starting with YG03.

Then added some shading with YG95.

I stamped the nest with Memento Tuxedo Black and used Copics to color, starting with E00 on the eggs.

I used Y23 and YR000 to shade.

Used E53 all over on the nest.

Added E35 to shade.  Since I planned to cut out this image and the edges are uneven, I was careful to color outside the lines so there wouldn't be  white spots showing when I cut it out.


I added some deeper shading with E57 and E59.

I used the tiny fern stamped with Memento New Sprout to the background. I created a second background, sponged with Desert Sand and stamped the fern with New Sprout and Bamboo Leaves. The card is layered with Pure Luxury Black Onyx and I used a Fresh Asparagus card base.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Barb said...

Very pretty! I noticed that you don't normally use background papers on your cards. I LOVE THAT!! Your cards are beautiful, the sponging, the Copic coloring, the layering...all stand out so much because they aren't competing with a patterned paper. I also appreciate that you take the time to give us step by step instructions for creating your cards. That is very helpful to those of us who wish to sharpen our Copic coloring skills. Bravo! I love your blog! :)

Maire Gamber said...

Your work is just beautiful Theresa. I too, appreciate how you allow us to learn from your tutorials!! I actually started using copics after being inspired by your work. I ordered the copics you used and PRACTICED from your step by step techniques. Your work is exceptional! I menton you on my blog site regularly! Thanks for al you do!
Marie
http://thejoyofcards@blogspot.com/