Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Thankful Tweet Revisited

Hello! Here is another card from the GKD Blast From the Past hops last week. Just adding the tutorial for anyone that might want it. The stamp set is Home Tweet Home from Gina K Designs.

I colored the image with Copics, starting with YR14 on the belly.

Added Y23.

Filled in the belly with Y21, then added a bit more shading with YR14.

I filled in the rest of the body with B00.

Then added B21.

Added B23.

Then added B26.

For the flowers, I used R20 and R89. On the brand, I used E35 and E59.

Before sponging, I applied Versa Mark ink to the entire image, using my Versa Mark pen, then I heat embossed with clear embossing powder. After embossing, I sponged Memento Cantaloupe ink, starting at the center and getting lighter as I neared the edges.


I layered with Pure Luxury Sweet Corn. The background panel was sponged with Cantaloupe, then embossed with my Swiss Dots Cutterbug folder and the cardbase is Pure Luxury Heavy Base Weight White.

Thanks for stopping by. Hope your day is happy!

6 comments:

Anke said...

Wonderful card Theresa, I love your bird, so beautiful.

Anke

Becky said...

This is so pretty, love the image and colors.

Miesje said...

Beautiful! There are still so many stamp sets I do NOT have! This is adorable.

Anonymous said...

Thisis sooooo adorable !!
a question: when you say that you applied versa mark ink to the entire image, do you mean you went over the whole birdy as well? I can see what you did on the little flowers but can't see it on the bird, that's why the question.
Thanks so much for sharing ! I just love you work
Maria L. (Canada)

Theresa Momber said...

Hi, Maria. Thank you! Yes, I did apply the Versa Mark on the bird, too.

Vicki Sopcak said...

You are truly amazing....I love your cards!!!