Thursday, June 24, 2010

Challenge Thank You - Part 3

Hello stampers! This is the third installment of my thank you cards for the retiring StampTV Challenge Hostess Team. Today's card is for Sharri Seffens, our retiring Blast From the Past hostess. I followed this challenge to use colored glitter. 

I used the geranium stamp, from the Enjoy The Sunshine StampTV Kit. I stamped once with Memento Tuxedo Black, then stamped again on scratch paper and cut that one out. 

Placed the scratch paper image over the first image and stamped a second time. 

Removed the scratch paper mask and colored with Copics, starting with BV11 on the petals. 

Added V06. 

Decided I wanted more contast, so I added more of the same two colors. 


I used YG03 on the leaves and stems.

Added YG95 for shading. After coloring, I used my Versa Mark pen to completely ink the image with Versa Mark ink, then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.

After embossing, I sponged very lightly in the center with Memento Cantaloupe ink.

Then I used a 1 1/4 inch circle, cut from a Post-it note, as a mask and sponged around it with more Cantaloupe.

Sponged Memento New Sprout.

Sponged Memento Angel Pink.

Sponged Memento Bamboo Leaves.

Sponged Memento Rose Bud.

I stamped some grass, using an image from Hang In There, using Memento New Sprout.


I used my Quickie Glue pen and added some green and lavender glitter to highlight the image.

The panel was layered with Pure Luxury Black Onyx ans SU Apricot Appeal. The cardbase is Pure Luxury Bubblegum Pink.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope your day is wonderful!

9 comments:

Tina said...

I like your cards very much.
And many special thanks, that you show us how you create your cards.

Hugs, Tina

Becky said...

This is beautiful. I just love your tutorials, it gives so many ideas how to use these stamps. Thanks Theresa ((hugs))

Nancy Jensen said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I LOVE all your cards? You are the Queen of sponging. lol

Thank you for sharing and for all your tutorials. :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

I love the fact you use masking paper to use the image but keep part off~~ hopefully I will remember this little tip... Thanks! Gorgeous as usual!!

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy seeing your beautiful cards. Thanks for the great tutorials and for sharing your talent!

Sandy Knecht said...

Gorgeous cards!

Glenda said...

What a beautiful card! As usual your use of color is amazing!

Sharri said...

OMGoodness!!! Theresa, this is gorgeous! I absolutely love it! Thank you so much!!

Sandy said...

Absolutely gorgeous Theresa! Just what I'd expect from such a talented lady:)