Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sunday Tulip

Hello and happy Sunday! I managed to sneak away for a little stamping time last night and played along with the featured stamper challenge at SCS. This week the featured stamper is Cathleen (aka Ctorina). Her gallery is fabulous! I chose this card for my inspiration. Participants were to change at least two things. I changed...

Different stamps
Sponged background instead of DP
Stamped background
Used rectangle shape instead of square
Left off the sentiment tag

I stamped the tulip from the Tulip Thank You set, from Flourishes, using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Then I colored with Copics, starting with R89 where I wanted the deepest color.

Added R24.

Added RV23.

Then I went over the entire flower with my blender pen in a circular motion, to let the color bleed into the highlighted areas.

Went back in with the first three colors where they had lightened up more than I wanted.

For the foliage, I filled in with YG95 and added some shading with YG99.

For the background, I started by sponging Memento Cantaloupe ink.

Sponged Memento New Sprout over the Cantaloupe.

Stamped the script background, from Thank You Tulips, with Memento Rhubarb Stalk, stamped off on scratch paper once, so the color would be more subtle.

Sponged very lightly with Memento Rhubarb Stalk.

I wanted a scallop on the bottom of my layers, like Cathleen's card, but I don't have a plain scallop border punch, so I fed one end only through my scallop rectangle Nestabilities die and ran it through my Cuttlebug.

Here is what it looked like after cutting. Then I just trimmed it to size, to fit my background layer. I cut another layer the same way, using Ivory.

Cut an additional layer from Pure Luxury Innocent Pink and sponged Memento Rhubarb Stalk around the layers.

Stamped some dots, using Itty Bitty Backgrounds (SU), with Memento Rhubarb Stalk and Colorbox Pigment White.

Layers are Pure Luxury Innocent Pink, Chocolate Brown and Ivory. The card base is Ivory.

Thanks for visiting. Have a great day!!!

13 comments:

Lori said...

Beautiful tulip and colors! Great job w/ the coloring tutorial.

jjcreations said...

Oh this tulip is gorgeous!!!!! What incredible cutting job too! Beautiful card, Theresa.

Kristie W. said...

Gorgeous tulip, love the pink!

Linda Carson said...

Picture perfect!

Silke Ledlow said...

PURE GORGEOUSNESS Theresa!!! Hugs ~S~

Betty Benton said...

Gorgeous tulip -- stunning card!

Olivia said...

Absolutely luxurious and elegant. Love everything about it. Wonderful design.

Olivia

Sherri Benson said...

Wow! Love the color combination. Because of you I am in the process of getting all the beautiful colors of Memento inks. You are such an enabler....LOL!

Crafting Queen said...

Stunning card. Anesha

craftieodmae said...

Absolutely gorgeous, love the colors!

PatS said...

Beautiful cards. Thanks so much for the scallop border idea, I never thought to use my dies that way. Nice extension of use.

Gloria Westerman said...

Theresa I love this.....I'm going to case this for my SD birthday card....and I hope to create something as beautiful as yours....thank you so much.....

Nancy Jensen said...

Amazing! Gorgeous! LOVE your tutorials, keep 'em coming!