Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Gina K Preview - Friends Are Forever and Fine Furnishings

Hello! Today we are previewing the final two stamp sets for the new Gina K Designs release. This first card was made with the new Free With Three stamp set from Gina K, called Friends Are Forever. I love the beautiful floral images in this set!

Next is a wonderful new set from Nina Brackett, called Fine Furnishings. She also created an accessory set, Fine Furnishings Additions, that coordinates perfectly. The images in this set are so fun to combine and build so many different settings!

I paper pieced the couch with DP, then added some shading with my Copic markers. All the elements in this set are separate so you can mix and match to create a totally unique card every time. I put a lamp on one table and a stack of books on the other.

For more samples with the stamp sets being previewed today, check out these Designer's Links:

Please make plans to attend our Release party, Thursday night, May 27th from 7-10 central time which will be held at StampTV. There will be contest questions, challenges, samples from several designers and lots of chatter all leading up to 10pm central, when all the new products and stamp sets previewed this week on our blogs become available online through GinaK Designs store!

To make the Friends Are Forever card, I stamped the flower image with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, then used Copics to color, starting with RV29.

Blended from there with RV25.

Added RV21, leaving a few highlights uncolored.

I softened the highlights with my blender pen and then used G05 on the foliage. Then I cut out the flowers.

I cut an oval using my Nestabilities and then sponged Memento Cantaloupe ink.

Sponged Memento Angel Pink.

Sponged Memento Rose Bud.

Sponged Memento Lulu Lavender.

I used one of the silhouette images from Botanicals (the new card kit set, previewed earlier this week), and inked with Memento Rose Bud. I stamped off once on scratch paper, then stamped on the background a few times.

I layered wit Pure Luxury Black Onyx, Innocent Pink and Wings of Hope digital papers. The sentiment is also from the new Friends Are Forever set.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope to see you at the party!

12 comments:

Cat Tidwell said...

Boht are so awesome T! Love how you stamped on the panel behind the flowers, and our little couch scene rocks!

Kary said...

Theresa- I really, really love both the cards!! Truly awesome & beautiful. Thanks!

Lagene said...

Wonderful cards!!! Especially the Friends are forever card!!!! Thanks so much for your tutorial!!

Cathy said...

Awe, Theresa, you made a card for me!!! LOL Wonderful cards GF!!!

NinaB said...

Wow, I can't seem to stop saying that when I see your cards. Those flowers are perfectly colored and the shading on the couch makes it more 3-D.

Melanie said...

love your living room!! love it!

joy said...

Both cards are great! The "Friends are forever" is my favorite, the colors and the bow with the black accent scalloped oval make this one special.

Kay S said...

Awesome cards as always, Theresa! Love your little living room scene! Makes me want to sit down on that comfy couch and read a book! :-)

CFLanger said...

Wow - both of these cards are gorgeous! LOVE the flowers!

Selma said...

I agree with Nina Theresa. I always saw WOW everytime I see one of your cards. These are both gorgeous.

Donna Baker said...

gorgeous pink card and I adore your living room scene!!

Beverly A said...

I love your flower card but I absolutely adore your sofa card; how creative! Thanks for sharing your talent with us.