Monday, April 19, 2010

Gina K Preview - Gone Fishing and Quite a Catch!

Hello! It's day two of the Gina K Designs previews. Today we are previewing two new sets. First up is a set I illustrated, called Gone Fishing. This set is filled with fishing and outdoor scene stamps.

I finished the inside of my card with more images from Gone Fishing: a fishing fly, stamped with Memento Danube Blue and the sentiment stamped with Tuxedo Black.

Next up is the most adorable new set from Gina K, called Quite a Catch. This set has some of the cutest sea creatures I have ever seen!

I colored the images with Copics and cut them out, then adhered them to a sponged background. I'll post the step by step coloring photos for his card, this weekend.

Designers Participating in tonight's previews:

The Release Party is this Thursday, April 22 on StampTV. There will be challenges, contest questions, chatter, as well as tons of samples from the Design Team members from 7-10 (central time) all leading to the new products being available in GinaK's online store at 10pm. We'd love to have you join us for our monthly party!

Now, here are the details from my Gone Fishing card...

Since I wanted to place the man/boy on the dock, I inked up most of the dock image, leaving a small area on the end un-inked.

After stamping the dock, I stamped the man/boy image over the end of the dock.

I used a black Copic multiliner to connect the images.

I started coloring with my E31 Copic, but found it was nearly dry, causing it to come out very splotchy. Since I was coloring aged wood, splotchy kinda worked, so I just went with it.

I went over the previous color with W1.

Added E57 to all of the edges.

Blended out from there with E55.

Added some E59 for a little deeper shading along the edges.

For the shirts, I started with G24 for the boy and B95 for the man.

I filled in most of the way with G21 on the boy's shirt and B93 on the man's shirt. Then I used my blender pen to scrub some gentle color into the highlighted areas.

For the pants, I used E55 and for the skin tones, I used E51.

Used E57 and E53 for the boy's hair, E59 and E53 for the man's hair. For the fishing poles, I used N5.

I stamped the cattails in the foreground and used E59 on one side each.

Filled in with E53 on the highlighted side and used YG03 on the foliage.

Added some shading to the foliage with YG95.

I colored over all the images with a Versa Mark pen, then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.

After embossing, I sponged over the entire background lightly with Memento Summer Sky ink.

Masked off the sky with Post-it Notes and sponged Memento Danube Blue.

I added some shading under the dock, and some ripple lines with N3.

Made the shadows deeper with N5.


I stamped the sentiment and then layered with Pure Luxury Little Boy Blue and Black Onyx and used an In the Navy cardbase.

Thanks for visiting. I hope you have a wonderful day!

31 comments:

Lee said...

Oh I just knew you're fishing scene would be absolutely stunning!!! I keep trying to CASE you!!! And oh what a fun card...had to giggle at that fishy!!!

Melanie said...

awesome scene! you have another hit set! and I need the n copics now, too!

joy said...

Love the water shading underneath the dock! WOW!!!!! Fishy card is so cute - like the textured background.

Betty Benton said...

Your water is so realistic! And like Joy, I think the shading under the dock is superb!

emilymomto3boys said...

DANG! I see where I messed up on my masking....yours looks so much better! And seriously - you make mine look like a kid did it - yours looks like that water and all is a photograph!

Anita said...

Your new set is amazing. Your cards are beautiful.

Becky said...

I am loving these new stamps, those fish are a most have they are to cute not to get :)

Linda Carson said...

Outstanding artwork! I truly appreciate your tutorials!

Janice M said...

WoW! Love your fishing scene card!

NinaB said...

Another winning set, Theresa. You colored these beautifully well. You're amazing.

Miesje said...

Incredible - again! Can I come stay with you for about a month and you can teach me all that you know? THis is amazing - love it!

Sue said...

Hi Theresa
gorgeous card, awesome colouring as always, sue,x

Carla S. said...

Amazing cards, as always, Theresa! Your new set is awesome! Love the fishing scene you created with your set and the cute fish card with Gina's!

Beth S said...

Hi Theresa... wow great tutorial. I love the dock scene and the fish is completely hilarious. As always you colouring and sponging is perfection.

Tina said...

Very very nice, Theresa! LOVE your new set!!!

Harriet H said...

Wow beautiful card and great tutorial ....

Harriet

Lagene said...

Wonderful cards!! Thanks for the excellent tutorial!!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards, Theresa!! I LOVE you scene - it's so serene. Your stamp set is gorgeous and I've been loving working with it! That fishy card is so fun - love that goofy looking fish!! *wink*

Donna Baker said...

Wonderful father/son scene and fun fish card!

SusieQ said...

Very beautiful...and such a sweet scene.

SusieQ said...

Very beautiful...and such a sweet scene.

redwasher1 said...

Beautiful Theresa!! Love it!!!

Tamara said...

Amazing cards as always! I absolutely love the fishing scene. I hope to be able to recreate it once I get your stamps :)

Cheryl O said...

Great tutorial on the fishing scene....thank you for that. Amazing work.

Have to say, I'm in love with those comical fish!!! Never thought they'd appeal to me, but they've won my heart, those are a must have for sure!!!

Linsey R said...

Wowwww. I'm kinda speechless. Your talent is like, ovewhelming and ultra inspiring Theresa! Thanks for the great coloring tutorial--although I know I wont have the ability to master such a beautiful job as you. I love your fun fishy card too! Again, amazingg coloring and I love the cuttled bubble base--perfection! TFS :)

Bentley said...

You gotta love that crazy fish!
Many thanks for the tutorial on the fishing scene, you would have gotten an A in my art class. I liked the way you worked the little picture to make it look so realistic.

Carol said...

I love your coloring technique. I'm just learning how to use copics.

grandmalee said...

Awesome job on this new set! What an wonderful scene for father's or grandfather's! Not just for dad's day either! Would be great for I miss you card to send to soldiers to send back home to their sons! Love the tutorial! The 2nd card is hilarious! Love your coloring & the layout! Another great piece of art!

Carolyn King said...

I LOVE your set...cannot wait to ink it up (so sweet!) It will make the best masculine bday and fathers day cards! Great job on this scene and your cute fishy card too!

Unknown said...

SOMEONE is far more artistic than I am cabable of being!LOL
I LOVE this scene. Cudos, on a beautiful card!! Maybe someday I'll be brave enough to try something like that. Thanks for sharing. An AWESOME job!

Jennie said...

What a beautiful set you have created and awesome cards Theresa! Your fish is so cute and love the embossed background on this!