Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Gina K Preview - Dream Birds and Spring Florals

Hello stampers! Today I am previewing two more new stamp sets to be released this Thursday night from Gina K Designs. First up is such cute, whimsical set from Asela Hopkins, called Dream Birds. All the adorable images in this set are so fun and just happy.

I colored all the images with Copics and sponged the background. The butterflies were stamped separately and cut out, then adhered to the background. I layered with Pure Luxury Black Onyx, the new Lovely Lavender and new Wings of Hope digital paper (for Haiti). The cardbase is Sweet Corn. That pretty pink gingham ribbon is from the new Spring Ribbon Assortment.

Next up is a new stamp set from Gina, called Spring Florals. I love the the beautiful florals in this set! For a limited time, a free Card Kit will automatically be included with each purchase of the Spring Florals stamp set. The entire kit includes the stamp set, a binder sheet, the instructions and materials to make 3 complete cards for $19.95. For more details on the cards, please visit Jessica Fick's blog.

Then, check in with each of these GinaK designers to see all the beautiful projects they've made with the two stamp sets previewed tonight!


For my Spring Floral card, I stamped one of the flower images several times on my card stock and then colored with Copics. I started with Y17 and YR14 for the flower centers.

For the petals, I started with V06.

Filled in with V01.

I wanted more contrast, so I added some shading with V06 and V09.

For the foliage, I colored over everything with YG03.

Then I added some shading with YG93. After coloring, I heat embossed the images with clear embossing powder. I used my Versa Mark pen to go over each image so the embossing powder would stick.

I sponged Memento Cantaloupe ink.

Sponged Memento New Sprout.

Sponged Memento Bamboo Leaves.

Sponged Memento Summer Sky.

Sponged Memento Danube Blue.

I layered with the new Pure Luxury Lovely Lavender and Black Onyx. The cardbase is Innocent pink. I also added two little ribbon tabs using ribbon from the new Spring Ribbon Assortment.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!

26 comments:

Tina said...

Theresa... again you WOW the stamp world! GREAT designs. Love them all!!!

Maria said...

What beautiful creations so spring like and with the snow we are supposed to get here it's refreshing.

Sankari W. said...

Sigh.... such a pleasure to look at such beauty!!! Gorgeous creations - love the softness and at the same time, vibrancy of your cards!!
Beautiful!
big hugs!
Sankari :)

Lee said...

Oh gosh girl!!!!!!! You create such masterpieces!!!! The birdie scene....so sweet!!! The flowers....WOW!!!!!!!

Becky said...

Girl these two are gorgeous. You make images come alive.

joy said...

One can never have too many flower stamps! Your flower card is so pretty.

Gloria Westerman said...

I said before and I'm saying it now I've got to get this stamps....I love them......and I adore your cards.......thank you so much....

Valerie said...

Gorgeous! And I love seeing your coloring come together in your tutorials, the sponging is exquisite.

Jan Castle said...

Soooooooooooooooo pretty! Love this set! Thanks for sharing how you colored it!
Jan Castle

NinaB said...

You always make the most amazing scenes. These cards are beautiful.

A Consuming Passion said...

These are both gorgeous Theresa!

Cat Tidwell said...

OH so gorgeous T! Makes think of warmer spring days! LOVE em!

Sharri said...

Theresa, your cards are full of spring and absolutley gorgeous!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Theresa, you really make my heart ache for spring....you have really captured the beauty of the season with these wonderful creations.

Melanie said...

terrrififc cards! love the field!

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous cards, Theresa! Wonderful coloring and feeling of spring!

doreen said...

so nice colors!
pretty card.

greetz doreen

Lori said...

Wonderful cards! Very happy indeed!

Unknown said...

How pretty, Theresa! Those colors are so gorgeous on each of your cards!

Carolyn King said...

two completely marvelous springy creations!

Gloria Westerman said...

Love it...still want it....

slbt17 said...

more wonderful cards!
Thanks for sharing.
Sandra

Betty Neville said...

Really gorgeous Theresa! Awesome coloring and sponging!

Nancy Jensen said...

Just gorgeous! I'm amazed at your sponging technique.

TR said...

OMG! these cards are just wonderful!

Mere Deaux said...

Thank you for sharing your wonderful talent! The Spring florals set is so much fun and you have opened my mind to new ways of using it! Love your cards.
Jan