Monday, September 7, 2009

You've Got Mail!

Hello and Happy Labor Day! Here is a card I made for the color challenge I am hostessing at StampTV this week. I used Autumn Beauty and my digital papers, All About Autumn.

Here is how I made the card...

Stamped the mailbox on Pure Luxury Ivory cardstock and then colored with Copics, starting with N7 in the shadows.

Added N5.

Filled in most of the remainder with N3.


Used my C3 pen on the last little area, then used my blender pen to add some highlights. Used R27 for the flag.

Next, I started on the post, using E57 along the edges and in the shadows.

Then added E33.


Then added E31 and used my blender pen for highlights.

For the foliage, I started with YG05.

Added YG91.

Then I added YG93 for some shadows.

For the flowers I used Y17 and V04. I also used E31 to color the ground. After coloring, I used my Versa Mark pen to cover the entire image, then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.

I used my oval Nestabilities to cut out the image and began sponging Vivid Tuscan Tan ink while still in the die.

Then sponged a very light amount of Vivid Coffee Bean.

I layered with Pure Luxury Chocolate Kiss, SU So Saffron, All About Autumn Digital paper and used a Pure Luxury Ivory cardbase.

Thanks for stopping by. Tomorrow I'll be featuring a project from one of my guest designers, Pam Imholz, and then on Wednesday a special mid-month release preview from Gina K!

Have a great day!

12 comments:

AKiteFlier said...

*sigh* This is truly lovely. The colors are so rich and warm. This is the kind of card that makes you just want to snuggle down in a warm blanket and read news from a good friend. Simply gorgeous.

Melissa said...

What a beauty Theresa! I love the step outs on the coloring, they really help! Maybe this week I will get the color challenge done before Sunday :)

Sue said...

Simply stunning Theresa! Love the colours and what a fabulous colouring tutorial. TFS

Patti J. said...

I know I say this a lot, but this is one of my Theresa favorites!!! Absolutely gorgeous! Love it! (And I am SO SO proud of your sis!!)

Tracey said...

A stunning card Theresa!! I always love your work!

CFLanger said...

Wow! This is just stunning! The coloring is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Anonymous said...

oh my, oh my, this is soooooo beautiful!

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

Gorgeous card......love the colours you used......stunning. Your shading around the image really adds to make it perfect.

Hugs......Brenda

Donna said...

Beautiful card, Theresa. I love the color combo with the ribbon. It really makes it special!

Tina said...

This is just beautiful, Theresa. I learn just a little more everytime I read your tutorials.

CherylQuilts said...

Beautiful, Theresa! I am just getting into Copics and really appreciate your step-by-step photos to show how you achieved this gorgeous coloring...just exquisite! Thanks so much for sharing this beautiful card with us!

Marsha said...

This is so lovely. I really like these Autumn DP. Your copic coloring always blows me away - it is always wonderful.