Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Hugs and Cheers

I love this little bear from Jumping For Joy. He always looks like he should be hugging something. When Melanie came out with her new stamp set, A Charmed Life, I knew I wanted to have the bear hugging the glass stem.

Here are some details on how I made this card.

I started by coloring the wine, using Copic markers, R20, R22, R24 and R27 along with my colorless blender.

To color the glass, I used C1, C3 and the colorless blender. Then I cut out the glass.

For the bear, I used E31, E35, E53 and Y21.

Next, I cut out the bear and also the bear's arm as shown. I also cut along the neck line.

Here is a photo showing how I slid the bear onto the glass partway. The head and foot need to go on the top side of the glass, while the knee and shoulder need to slide behind.

And here is what it should look like after it is in place.

Now you just add the arm back in with the top portion tucked behind the stem and the paw covering up the cut lines on the leg.

Here is a close-up of the finished card. I used the sketch from today's challenge on SCS. The flowers are from A Year of Flowers.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful day!

10 comments:

wendyp said...

omgosh! How creative!!!! stunning card!

Melanie said...

bwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! on no you Di 'NT!!

so cute!!!

Cathy said...

How Stinkin cute is that, I LOVE this!!!

lisa808 said...

Too sweet! Love that little guy hugging the glass.

Anonymous said...

You absolutely rock! I would NEVER have thought to put that adorable bear hugging that wine glass! OMG! This is the best one yet. (I know, I know, I've said that before!)...

Deb Neerman said...

Omigosh, how cute is this?!? Sooooooo clever and fun, Theresa ... love it!

Donna Baker said...

HA! you & the bear - are quite a pair!! love it

Elaine A said...

This is so sweet Theresa - what a great job!

Elaine

Elena said...

Wow! Theresa! I adore your creativity! FANTASTIC card! To tell that you are increduble talented is not enough! You always amazes me and inspire! LOVE this cuddly Bear!
Thank your for your wonderful tutorial!!!

Shirley said...

Definitely a really fuzzy warm and beautiful card!