Wednesday, February 25, 2009

My First Kiss

Yesterday, I tried a technique called "kissing" for the first time. Kissing is also the subject of the latest stampTV episode. So get out your solid image stamps and head over to stampTV to watch. Apparently, I should have watch the video first, because my kissing could use some improvement. LOL

All the materials used in this card are from the Floral Frenzy stampTV Kit. For the radiating petals on the background, I pulled out a leaf stamp from Bold Flowers and stamped it with Old Olive ink, in a radiating pattern.

To get the petals to stamp consistently, (I'm too lazy to use a Stamp-a-ma-jig), I placed the stamp diagonally on the acrylic block. Then I put a pencil mark on my cardstock and just lined up the corner of the block every time I stamped.


Here is a close up of the flower, where you can see the faint evidence that I really did "kiss" on my project. I didn't put any ink on my background stamp. Instead I used the dotted background to remove ink from the flower stamp. As you can see, it creates a subtle texture.

I used two sizes of flowers from Bold Flowers and layered them, along with two layers for the center. I sponged the edges of the bottom two layers.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a happy Wednesday!

7 comments:

craftimamma said...

Lovely card with a nice modern feel to it Theresa. I haven't tried kiss stamping for ages. Must have another go.

Lesley

Cat Tidwell said...

Well I love your kissing, hahaha! This is another wonderful creation Theresa, do you ever make an ugly card?

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Theresa.
Great job of the stamp kissing.
So pretty.

Karen x

Patti J said...

Cat - you are too funny! I must admit though that I was thinking the same thing! Great card Theresa, you are a pretty good 'first time' kisser!

Tracey said...

A gorgeous card Theresa! Fabulous job with the kissing!

Elena said...

Oh, Theresa! I love your first "kisses"! Love your flower you created!

Shirley said...

It's really beautiful and how creative too! I love the kissing technique.