Saturday, September 20, 2008

Gratitude = Joy and a RAK from Allison


The other day I mentioned that I won some terrific blog candy from Allison. Well, it got here already and she also included this gorgeous card and altered notepad. Aren't they pretty? I love DP she used and how she added the yellow panels. It really makes the flowers on the DP pop.

Have you been to Allison's blog? (you probably have, it is one of the most popular stamping blogs out there) If not, check it out. She always has fabulous eye candy, funny posts and lots of great blogging tips.


Included in the blog candy from Allison, was a Perfectly Paisley embossing folder for my Cuttlebug, and I pulled it out right away to use on this card I was making for today's inspiration challenge at SCS and Sharon's Stamp Simply challenge.

My goal was to make a quick, elegant card and it came together fast until it was time to tie the bow on the ribbon. If you have ever seen Sharon's work, you know that she is a master at the use of ribbons and bows. I was inspired by her to use a wider ribbon that I usually do. In the end, it took about twice as long to tie the bow as it did to make the rest of the card. Looks like I need some practice.

I stamped an image from Gratitude = Joy (Unity Stamp Co.) with black Stazon and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I sponged the background with Certainly Celery and Old Olive ink.

For the cuttlebug layer, I inked up the negative side of my new embossing folder and ran it through. The card base is Kiwi Kiss (new in-color from SU).

Thanks for stopping by. I hope your weekend is a lot of fun!

5 comments:

Shirley said...

This is super elegant. I love how you used our folder and the shading around the image is just wonderful. What an elegant touch the bow is. Stop by my blog for a surprise!
http://cardartetc.blogspot.com/

Melanie said...

ooh, very dramatic! isn't this folderGREAT?! I can tell I like that stamped oval you have on there a lot even though i can't see it very well, hee hee!
hugs,

Cat Tidwell said...

What a gorgeous card Theresa! I love this color of green and your ribbon is perfect! Looks fantastic to me!

Jennifer Love said...

Wow! So fancy!!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

This card is absolutely fabulous!!! The colors are wonderful, the image is perfectly executed -- and your BOW is perfect -- LOL!!! You are too funny!!! I'm so glad you could play -- thanks so much!!!