Thursday, September 11, 2008

Dream For a Friend

This card is for the Ways to Use It challenge at SCS today. The challenge was to use a white gel pen in new ways to you. Well, not hard for me to do since I haven't used one before.

I didn't get very creative and just added some white dots around my scallops. I am not fond of my white gel pen, so I never use it. I need to get one that works better.

The daisys are from Flowers For Daisy (Gina K Designs) and are colored with Koh-i-noor pencils. I cut the flowers out and heat embossed them with clear embossing powder.

"Dream" is from Botanical Gardens (Gina K Designs) and the Friend to Friend sentiment is from Pocket Silhouettes (Stampin' Up).

The top layer is glossy white cardstock that I sponged with So Saffron and Certainly Celery. The purple layer is Almost Amethyst that I sponged the edges of with Almost Amethyst ink. The card base is Certainly Celery.

I am still working on the SLTL challenge card. Wish me luck!

7 comments:

Annapurna said...

I don't know how to do that telepathy thing to dream for a friend:-)

When you posted this, I saw it in the reader and I thought it was for the inspiration challenge. The colors are all in there. I love that green and purple combination. Very beautiful!

Jami said...

FAbulous!! love the scoring around the sentiment, and this color combo is awesome!!
smiles, Jami

Shirley said...

Theresa, this is just lovely too. I always know I will find wonderful eye candy on your blog. TFS

Rhonda Langley said...

I love the cut out flowers-beautiful! I love my white gel pen. I am actually on my 3rd one after using all the ink out of the other 2! I use it mostly for dots, stitches, and scrapbook journaling. I wish I had a vanilla gel pen-any such creature?

fishlips said...

This cards is simply stunning... I just love your daisys the colors are breathtaking, love all the dots and the layers are just great!

LeAnne said...

Ah hah! I just left a comment for you about this card on SCS, and tada! Here it is on this new-to-me blog I am visiting! Beautiful card, it deserves another comment!!!
LeAnne

Yvonne Randall said...

What a beautiful card. I love the 3d effect on the flowers. I visited your gallery on Splitcoast and had to come to your blog to see more.