Monday, July 21, 2008

Embrace Life Challenge Card

Embrace Life by Stampin' Up card
Today's challenge at SCS was a tough one. The challenge was to combine three past challenges in one, the baby wipe technique, a color challenge (creamy caramel and bravo burgundy) and a sketch.

I didn't have any Bravo Burgundy, but I did have a pretty good non' SU burgundy. It looks brown in the photo, but it really is burgundy.

For the baby wipe technique, I put a few drops of River Rock ink (Stampin' Up)and Butterscotch (Adirondack) ink on a folded baby wipe and then rubbed that on a piece of vellum. I ran the vellum through my Cuttlebug, using the Swiss Dots folder.

The flowers are from Embrace Life (Stampin' Up). I colored them with water color pencils and heat embossed them with clear.

Thanks for visiting and have a terrific day!

4 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

Terrific...love the vellum piece esp. with the swiss dots!

Annapurna said...

Wow! Beautiful. Love the flowers on the side. Everything came together perfect.

Sharon said...

This card is beautiful - so elegant!

Lee said...

Oh you totally rocked this challenge!!! I was in the middle of so much I didn't think I'd tackle this one! Your card is beautiful!!