Friday, June 20, 2008

Touch of Nature Anniversary

I made this card for my husband for our anniversary today. We have been married 21 years, which is remarkable since that is also my age. Allison's suggestive Sunday challenge this week is flowers, so this card works for that.

The stamp set I used is called Touch of Nature from Stampin' Up. I colored all the images with water color pencils and heat embossed them with clear embossing powder.

The flower and three branches were cut out. The flower is raised using pop dots. I sponged all the layers using Certainly Celery and/or Chocolate Chip ink. The papers I used are Wild Wasabi, Close to Cocoa, Basic Black and Whisper White. I added three imitation dew drops from Michaels.

I want to say thanks to everyone that leaves comments for me. I so appreciate them. Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

Sarah Green said...

girl this is beautiful and I have something to tell you that should make you very happy!!!! you win my blog candy!!!! send me your info & I will order your dise!!!

Annapurna said...

You are 21 married for 21 yrs with a 16 yr old daughter. Something does not add up :-))

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

This looks like it should belong in a frame.

You won more blog candy! Looks like you are on a lucky streak. You should go buy a lottery ticket.

Allison Rankin said...

This is a terrific creation...your flower is just gorgeous with the leaves coming off of it! Wow!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting my blog candy on your site! This card is absolutely gorgeous! Love the definition and coloring! Really stands out...

kes said...

Happy Anniversary. The card is fab.
From one 21 year old to another :)
Kes
x

Nicole said...

This is gorgeous! It would make an awesome print on a wall!

Anonymous said...

Gosh! I've missed a lot! Happy Anniversary! And congrats on all your blog candy wins!
I love you anniversary card and have always wanted the Touch of Nature set. Adding to the list!
Thanks for all the inspiration!

Erica Bass said...

wow this card is gorgeous! The ep really brings out and enhances the colors. Also the sponging really looks cool!

Mary said...

This card is so gorgeous! I think I'm going to have to get this set and case your card!