Saturday, June 14, 2008

I Fought the Card and the Card Won

Isn't it strange how some cards just come together so easily and others you have to fight with every step of the way. I am not the only one that feels that way, am I?

This was one of those cards that put up a fight. Sometimes I win and am happy with the finished product. Other times, the card wins and I wind up either scrapping it or just throwing it together. Oh well, you win some and you lose some.

The stamp set is True Friend (Stampin' Up) and I also used my Cuttlebug with the Floral Fantasy folder. The colors are Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Basic Black and Sahara Sand.

So, now for a little good news and bad news...

The Good News - I got the lenses replaced in my glasses. When I got my last pair of glasses, the prescription was too strong and everything was just a bit blurry. Now I can see clearly again. Yay!

The Bad News - It turns out that I actually do still need to be tweezing my eyebrows. Ouch! Ignorance was bliss. Maybe I should go back to the old lenses.

Have a great day.

5 comments:

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Oooo, I really, really LOVE this card. Such rich and yummy colors and I love the embossing.

Annapurna said...

You are way too funny. I have a few of those sitting around in my drawer, waiting to be rescued someday.

I think you won on this card though. Very nice!

Mary said...

Looks as though your fighting paid off. Yor card is absolutely beautiful.

Mary

Rhonda Langley said...

What a great card! Reminds me of chocolate! I love all the flavors & layers & subtle colors! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Lady, the cards that I fight with and feel I win don't even come close. This is gorgeous.