Friday, April 6, 2012

Round About Thank You

Hello! I have a quick and easy card to show you today using the Spellbinders™ Shapeabilities® Cut•Fold•Tuck die template set, called Round About. This was the first time I have used one of the new Cut•Fold•Tuck sets and it was so easy!

 To begin, I laid out the die templates on my base plate, then built my sandwich and ran it through my Spellbinders™ Grand Calibur®.

 After cutting, I left the die templates on the base plate, then added the tan embossing mat, then the embossing plate and ran it back through the Grand Calibur.
After embossing, I sponged Memento Rose Bud ink on the exposed areas.

Here you can see how they looked when I removed them from the die templates.

Using my sponged dauber, I lightly sponged a bit more around the edges.

Here is the fun part. You simply fold one of the narrow loops back toward the previous one and tuck it under. You have to be sure to fold it all the way so that it fits under the solid piece.

Wouldn't this look so great with double sided paper? Next time I try it, I'll sponge more heavily and maybe even sponge the back side, so that it shows when the loops are folded over.

Then you fold back the loop from the spot you just tucked under, then continue on until you complete all the tucks.

And here it is after I did all the fold and tucks.

Now here are all three after I did the fold and tucks.

The really cool part is stacking them. Here I placed the smallest on top of the largest.

And now here is the smallest on top of the medium.

For my card, I stacked all three and added a little gem in the center. I layered with Pure Luxury Bubblegum Pink and Passionate Pink and used a white card base. I added score lines with my Scor-Buddy, then a sentiment from Gina K's Various Verses, stamped with Memento Rose Bud. Then I added a few tiny gems around the sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!


9 comments:

Judy Inukai said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for the tutorial. Those cut fold and tuck templates are on my wish list.

Chelsea said...

Those dies are very cool!

Payne Holler Cards said...

Those dies are awesome but I always thought they looked very time consuming .. You made it look so much easier than I thought,
Wanted to pop in and wish you a beautiful Easter!

Ravengirl said...

This is really lovely! I love the simple pink sponging on the tuck and fold flowers!

Teresa said...

Just hopped on over to wish you a very Happy Easter and love the new card you posted!! It's gorgeous :)

Ag@t@ said...

Śliczny efekt! Bardzo ładna kartka.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Love the dimension the ink adds! Have a great week!

Windy Robinson Life Handmade said...

Gorgeous! Great job with those die templates! :) I hope you are doing well!

Barb Ghig said...

Another STUNNING card! Love the pretty pink :-)