Friday, October 14, 2011

Peachy Coneflowers

Happy Friday! Today I used images from Heartfelt on my card, along with a sentiment from Whimsical Wishes.

Cut white card stock to 2 3/4 by 4 inches. Next sponged Memento Cantaloupe ink along the bottom.

Sponged Memento Angel Pink in the center.

Sponged Memento Rose Bud ink at the top.

Then sponged Memento Rhubarb Stalk also at the top.

I used the curvy wheat and stamped using Memento Tangelo a few times.

On another piece of white card stock, I stamped the coneflowers and used Copics to color, starting with YR07.

Added Y17.

Added Y15, leaving a small uncolored "highlight" on each petal.


I used my blender pen to scrub over the hightlights, allowing some of the yellow to bleed into the un-colored parts. I added R08 to deepen the shading a bit at the base of the petals.


For the centers, I used R89 and my blender pen.

For the foliage, I started with YG99.

Added YG95.

Then filled in with YG21. After coloring, I cut out the flowers.

I used Pop Dots to adhere the image and stamped the sentiment on the background. I layered with Pure Luxury Black Onyx and used Just Peachy for the card base (4 1/4 by 5 1/2 inches). I used my Stampin Up mat pack to add piercing to the card base.

Thanks for dropping by. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Products I used...




2 comments:

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Gorgeous- love those cone flowers!!!

Sharon Caudle said...

WOW! Gorgeous card, Theresa!! Love the colors and those flowers are awesome!!
hugs, Sharon