Saturday, October 1, 2011

Happy Pumpkins

Hello and Happy World Card Making Day! I made a card this morning for the SCS Inspiration Challenge this week. I was inspired by this photo and this one for the background. I used images from my two most recent stamp sets, Heartfelt and Celebrate In Style.

Have you seen this special Gina is having to celebrate World Card Making Day?  What a fantastic deal!

I started by stamping the pumpkins, from Heartfelt, using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Then I colored with Copic markers, starting with YR07. 

Added YR04. 

Added Y17. 

Then used my colorless blender on the highlight areas to let some color bleed in. 

For the stems, I used YG95, with YG97 to shade. 

My background is Pure Luxury Ivory, cut to  4 1/2 by 3 3/4 inches. I sponged Memento Cantaloupe across the top and down the left side.

Sponged the other side and bottom with Memento Rich Cocoa. 

I stamped the leafy branch, from Celebrate In Style, several times using Memento Cantaloupe ink. 

Stamped it a few more times with Memento Rich Cocoa, stamping off on scratch paper first to lighten the color. 

Stamped the silhouette image, from Heartfelt, using Memento Rich Cocoa. 

I cut the background into thirds (1 1/2 inches each), to make it a triptych, like in the inspiration photos, then layered with Pure Luxury Chocolate Brown. The card base is Pure Luxury Pumpkin Spice. The pumpkins were cut out and adhered with Pop Dots. The sentiment is from Heartfelt.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you are enjoying your weekend!




6 comments:

Susan said...

This is beautiful Theresa. You are so masterful with your colouring and so kind to share your techniques.

Gail said...

so beautiful. I have to seriously think about getting me some of those dobbers.

Betty Benton said...

Gorgeous card, Theresa -- your background really sets off those pumpkins! Happy Fall!

Shelagh said...

I so admire your work. Your cards are just so beautiful

Jana said...

gorgeous card

LindaS said...

Gorgeous card, tutorial and design. You are such an inspiration.