Friday, October 28, 2011

Autumn Trees

Hello and happy Friday! Today I have a card using images from Farm Life.

I stamped the trees on a piece of Pure Luxury White, cut to 3 1/4 by 4 1/4 inches, using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

I began my coloring with Copic marker YR14.

Added YR07.

Filled in with Y23.

Used E39 to shade the trunks.

Then added E35 and E53.

Used E57 on the fence.

I sponged the sky area with Memento Cantaloupe ink.

Then sponged Memento Desert Sand at the bottom and around the edges.

Then sponged lightly with Memento Tangelo around the edges.

I used torn sticky notes and masked the top.

Then sponged Memento Bamboo Leaves along the edge of the mask and at the base of the tree.

Sponged a little Memento Rich Cocoa around the bottom edges. 

I used YG95 to color in the grass at the base of the tree and then used W1 and W3 add shadows under the trees and fence posts.

I cut my Pure Luxury Chocolate Brown layer to 3 3/4 inches wide and then tucked a narrow end in my largest scallop square Nestabilities die to add the scallop detail to the bottom. Then I trimmed the straight edge to make the finished size of the layer to 3 3/4 by 5 inches.

Stamped the sentiment on Pure Luxury Ivory, then the sentiment out using oval Nestabilities and sponged Memento Desert Sand ink while still in the die.

I added some jute twine and a button and adhered to a Pure Luxury Pumpkin Spice card base (4 1/4 by 5 1/2 inches).

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a great weekend! Products I used on this card...

6 comments:

Pam~ said...

I have been following your blog for quite sometime and am always in awe of your gorgeous cards. Because of your wonderful talent and my admiration, I just purchased my first set of Copic markers. Through your pictures, I hope I can learn to use these markers. Your art is incredible, Theresa! Thank you so much taking the time to photograph the steps that you do ... really appreciate it!

lakergirl said...

Another beautiful scene!!! I will always be envious of your lovely coloring talent...Kim

Selma said...

I love how you can bring a scene to life. This is gorgeous.

Payne Holler Cards said...

Selma read my mind LOL
gorgeous card (as always!)

i pop in here all the time and am very bad about leaving a comment - will try to do better, hugs GF

Micha said...

Encore une superbe carte de saison. Bravo. Merci pour le tuto.
Amicalement.

Lagene said...

Gorgeous card, thanks for the tutorial!