Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Get Well Bear

Hi there. Here is the tutorial for that card I promised last week. I used the new Gina K set by Rupa Shevde, Under The Weather. 

 I stamped the bear with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and used Copics to color, starting with Y21.

Added E49. 

Added E29

Added E27. 

Added E25. 

Then filled in with E33. 

Then I used my blender pen to push in some highlights. Making the bear darker than I wanted and then using the pen to lighten him up, gave it a bit of texture, since the blender pen tends to leave a slightly mottled effect. After coloring, I cut out the image. 

For my background, I covered the top with a sticky note and sponged Memento Rich Cocoa ink, leaving the edges lighter. 

Then I covered the bottom with the sticky note and used another to cover the side. I sponged Memento Angel Pink (lightly) along the edges. 

 Moved the sticky note to the side and sponged again, then repeated until the entire background was sponged.

I adhered the bear to the background using Pop Dots and layered with Pure Luxury Chocolate Brown. I cut a little scallop border from Pure Luxury Passionate Pink, using my scallop rectangle Nestabilities. I used a Pure Luxury Innocent Pink card base and embossed a frame on it using my rectanble Nestabilities.

Thanks for visiting. I hope you have a great day!

6 comments:

Betty Benton said...

What a sad little guy -- great job on your tutorial!!

Sheree said...

This little guy is so adorable!! Love your layout and thanks for letting us know how to get that background effect!

Becky said...

I haven't had my Copics very long, so I'm still practicing. These tutorials are just what I need to keep me inspired. Thanks so much for sharing. Very cute card!

Barb Ghig said...

Absolutely darling card Theresa! I just LOVE your style and appreciate that you always take the time to provide us with a tutorial!

Thanks so much...I hope you have a great evening!

Rosy Newlun said...

Dear Theresa,

This is just simply a darling card. Thank you for taking the extra effort to lay out the steps for coloring. I am so new at everything that if no one did this, I would cry myself into copic colors every night. So thanks, from the many new ones like me. Maybe someday, one of my bears might be mistaken for one of yours! :D

Aloha,
Rosy

Rosy Newlun said...

Yes, these are exquisite pieces of artwork. Tutorials are ever much appreciated by us all!!! Please, keep us inspired :) We thank you!!!!

Luv and aloha,
Rosy