Friday, March 25, 2011

Black Swan

 Happy Friday, everyone! Here is my card for this week's color challenge at StampTV. I used images from my new set, Warm With Love, and added a little accent with Bring the Bling.

 The colors this week are Sweet Mango, White and the brand new Pure Luxury color, Wild Lilac. I used Wild Lilac for my card base. Such a beautiful color!

 I used Copics to color the swan, starting with N7.

 Added N5.

 Filled in with N3.

 For the beak, I used R02.

 Next, I cut a piece of Pure Luxury White card stock with oval Nestabilities and sponged while still in the die, using Memento Lulu Lavender.

 I used sticky notes to mask the top portion, and sponged Memento Grape Jelly.

 Stamped the swan, using Memento Tuxedo Black (I don't know what that Grape Jelly ink pad is doing in there)

 I stamped the grass using Memento Tangelo. I used the sicky not to keep the bottom from extending too far below the swan image.

 Added the swan I had cut out and colored, using Pop Dots.

 For the larger rectangle, I sponged Memento Lulu Lavender.

 Sponged lightly with Memento Grape Jelly.

 I used two of the bling images, stamped with Memento Grape Jelly.

 Stamped the fern image with Lulu Lavender a few times in the corner.

I layered with Pure Luxury Sweet Mango, Black Onyx and used a Wild Lilac card base. The sentiment is also from Warm With Love. I used Crystal Lacquer to add shine and dimension to the bling.

Thanks for visiting. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

16 comments:

Tina said...

Simply GORGEOUS!!!! Love it!

Angi Rankin said...

WOW!! I mean wow wow wow! This is gorgeous! I love your coloring and all the details you give so we can *try* to recreate your beautiful cards. Thanks for the inspiration!!

Chelsea said...

Love the swan in black!

Chelsea said...

Love the swan in black!

Luv 2 Create said...

Love the swan in black and how you used the color chalenge with this stamp set. I would never have thought of this scence in purple, but it is lovely.
Marcie

Carol Melton said...

I saw black swans in Australia - loved them! This is a gorgeous card, your creativity always amazes me.

Ravengirl said...

I am constantly amazed at the gorgeous creations that you produce! Today is no exception!

lakergirl said...

Just GORGEOUS- I am always amazed by your coloring techniques..
Kim

lakergirl said...

Once again & am envious of your coloring skills-LOL
This card is simply gorgeous- the detail you put into your work always amazes me- this would be lovely framed!!!
Kim

Shari said...

absolutely love this. Thankyou so much for sharing.
Every time I look at these cards you people make, it just reinforces my intention to have copics only.

Thanks again,

kellyisascrapdiva said...

What a stunning card! Wow!

Angela Toucan said...

superb

Anonymous said...

Just Stunning!

Lagene said...

Love your black swan! Gorgeous card!

Carol said...

OMG this is amazing. I think this is my favorite of the blog hop that I have done so far and I started at the beginning. I'm so impressed. Wow! You are an artist. Thank you so much for sharing with us around the world.
I hope you get so many more comments. You deserve so many more. Aloha from Hawaii. Carol

Loretta Mak said...

Love your coloring and detail. TFS.