Monday, October 25, 2010

CAS Jack-O-Lantern

Hello! I decided to play along with the Moxie Fab World Challenge to make pleats. The challenge ends tonight, so I am coming in just under the wire. I pulled out Fanciful Fall and decided to go with a CAS design.

To start, I stamped the wavy grass, from Fanciful Fall, using Memento Bamboo Leaves, several times across my kraft card base. I used sticky notes to get an even line at the bottom.

Then I placed Scor-tape along the bottom of the grass.

I adhered green grosgrain ribbon on the tape, folding it in pleats as I went. After I had done all my pleats, I stitched a line across the pleats, using my sewing machine.

I stamped the large pumpkin using Memento Tuxedo Black ink, then colored with Copics, starting with YR07.

Added YR04.

Added YR12.

Filled in with YR000.

Then I stamped the Jack-O-Lantern face using Memento Tuxedo Black.

Used YG95 on the stem.

Added YG97.


I used YG03 and YG93 on the leaves. After coloring, I cut out the image.

I adhered the pumpkin with Pop Dots and added the sentiment, scoring on either side.

Thanks for popping in. I hope you have a fab day!

7 comments:

kksb said...

This pumpkin is adorable and your card is just as cute as can be.

Ancient Elf said...

Love the card, particularly the ribbon. Great tutorial as usual.

Anonymous said...

A really wonderful card Theresa and great tutorial. Thank you. x

Mary Mac

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Oh I am loving your tutorial and your Moxie submission! I have to add you to my reader now:)
So glad to have found you.

Sandy Ang said...

Thanks for a great tutorial !

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Theresa! Thanks for entering the Perfectly Placed Pleats challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Melanie said...

look at you sewing on yor cards!! i thought we were going to skip that trend together(not becuas it's not becuase , just because you have to get out the machine LOL!) well, sigh! I'm standing firm, hee! fantastic card!! hugs