Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Wagon Wheel

Hiya, stampers! Here is a card I made using the wagon wheel from my new set, Farm Life. I made this card for the release party last week, so you may have seen it at StampTV, but I haven't shown it here on my blog yet.

I used Copics to color, starting with E53 as a base coat for the wheel and wood.

Next, I concentrated on the wheel, adding N3.

I used my blender pen to soften and smooth out the colors.

Added N5 to the metal outer part, and again used my blender pen.

For the inside, wooden parts, I added E35.

Added E57.

Then I used my blender pen to lighten and smooth out again. Next, I added some deeper shading with E49.

Added E35 to the wood siding, then used the blender pen to smooth out the transition of color.

Added some streaks of grey with N5, to give it a weathered look.

I used the blender pen again on the wood siding. then for the grass I filled in the whole area with YG03.

Added YG93.

Used just a bit of B00 above the wheel and cut out the image with oval Nestabilities.

Sponged around the edges with Memento Desert Sand.

Sponged with Memento Rich Cocoa.

For the larger rectangle, I cut a piece of Pure Luxury Ivory and sponged in from the edges with Memento Desert Sand.

Sponged with Memento Rich Cocoa.

I embossed with my Forest Branches CB folder and then hightlighted the raised areas by brushing lightly with my Rich Cocoa sponge dauber.


I stamped the sentiment, also from Farm Life, and sponged the same as above. I layered the panels with Pure Luxury Chocolate Brown and used a Pumpkin Spice cardbase.

Thanks for visiting. I hope your day is filled with smiles!

10 comments:

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

What a beautiful image and card Theresa!! Love your coloring..TFS!!!

Lionelsa said...

Lovely

Patti J said...

I missed the release party, must go check out this set! What a beautiful card. Reminds me of DH's homeplace... Thanks so much for sharing!

Maire Gamber said...

I just love your work. I have purchased all your stamps. I must say, my cards never look like yours, even when I follow your directions. Your work is fantastic! Thanks for sharing!

Patti P. said...

Loved this card the other night when I saw it and still do, thanks so much for the tutorial...always love your sets and this will be another fav.

slbt17 said...

thanks for sharing - you are wonderful!
Sandra

papertrails leaver said...

such a gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing the Copic tutorial. It's nice to see how you did this. I love the inking you did on the edges.

Monique said...

Wow every time I visit I am totally amazed at your coloring and I probably have this a million times on my comments..I visit a lot of blogs daily and you have the best coloring... Awesome!!

Becky said...

Gorgeous card and gorgeous colors. Thanks for sharing. :)

Velta said...

I have been following your blog for a while now...and I never seem to have the time to comment. I am at work now...but I JUST HAD to say something finally!!! Your artwork takes my breath away! I SO thank you not only for your inspiration, but for your tutorials. One of these days I am going to take out the time to "try" and CASE one of your stunning works of art!! Thank you for sharing!!!