Monday, June 21, 2010

Pink Flower Bouquet


Tonight we are having a special blog hop to thank our recently retired StampTV Challenge Hostess Team members: 
These 4 designers have provided StampTV with a challenge each week during the months of March, April, and May, which totals up to 13 challenges!  To view each of their challenges in one area, click on their names and it will direct you to their Idea Center Inspiration Page.

My card today is for Karen Knegten, inspired by Karen's Postage Holder Challenge, seen here. I used her project as inspiration for my card, using the same basic look for my focal image, only on a larger scale. 

I'll post cards for the other three hostesses all during this week, but for now, follow the links below to see what the rest of the Senior Design Team and new Challenge Hostess Team have created for this special hop.


To start, I sponged the background with Memento Angel Pink ink.

Sponged lightly over the pink with Memento Lulu Lavender.

Sponged just along the very edges with Memento Rose Bud ink.

To color the flowers, from Hope Grows, I used Copics, starting with R46.

Added RV25.

Added RV23.

Used my blender to push some pink into the highlights.


For the center, I used Y17, leaving a small section un-colored, then used my blender pen to soften the highlight.

I colored the remaining two flowers and then cut them out.

I stamped the small branch, from Hope Grows, on the background, to create a field of greens, using Memento Bamboo ink.

I adhered the flowers over the foliage using Pop Dots and layered with Pure Luxury Black Onyx and Passionate Pink. The cardbase is Bubblegum Pink.

Thanks for visiting. I hope you have a great day!

20 comments:

joy said...

Adore the pinks! Thanks for the tutorial on how to colors the flowers.

Vicki Dutcher said...

WOW! Your work is just to awesome! What a compliment to Karen to be inspired by one of her projects! Just beautiful work Theresa!

Lee said...

Just beautiful Theresa! I love the delicate look of the flowers!!! And a big pink bow...perfection!!

Tina said...

FABULOUS colors!!!! LOVE that big pink bow and your coloring is off the charts girlfriend!!!

Becky said...

This is fabulous, I am so glad I got this stamp set :)

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Oh Theresa- it's beautiful! I love everything about it!

Brenda said...

Another beautiful card with more of your fabulous coloring!!! I love all the pink.

Janet Castle said...

Lovely card...thanks for the step by step!
Jan Castle

Betty Benton said...

What a stunner -- your flowers are soooo beautiful!!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

This is an amazing card, Theresa!

Carla S. said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Theresa! I love the soft pink background and beautiful flowers!

Cat Tidwell said...

OOOooo I likey the way you did the foilage on this! Gorgeous T!

Jennie said...

This is gorgeous Theresa! Love the beautiful pink bow on this and those flowers are colored beautifully!

craftieodmae said...

Absolutely breath taking!!

Celeste said...

Beautiful! Thanks for the tutorial!

Sherry said...

I always enjoy your posts Theresa! Your cards are FAB-ulous and this BEAUTY is no exception! Thanks so much for posting your Tutorials, they are great for those of us visual people who enjoy seeing the process!

Giovana said...

Oh, love it very much Theresa!! You are so talented!! Thanks for the wonderful tutorials.

buggin2stamp said...

Gorgeous! I love all the pink on this one.

Brenda B said...

Love your card in various shades of pink. I always enjoy your creations and helpful hints.

Donna Baker said...

wow - how gorgeous!