Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Gina K Preveiw - Hugs and Prayers and Seeds of Kindness

Hello! It's day three of previews for Gina K Designs and today we have two more stamp sets to share with you. First is a gorgeous new set from Nina Brackett, called Hugs and Prayers. I love the elegant style of these images! (step by step photos below)

Next is the new card kit set from Gina K, called Seeds of Kindness. This set has beautiful plant images, along with coordinating sentiments, and, for a month, it will come with a free card kit! I colored the African Violet with Copics and then cut it out. The designer paper is from the DCWV pack, called Latte.

For even more samples with the stamp sets being previewed today, check out these designer's links:
We'd also like to invite you to attend our Release Party this Thursday, July 1st starting at 7 pm central on StampTV! There will be challenges, contest questions, and more samples from our designers on all the new stamp sets being released this month! We'd love to have you join in on the fun!

To make the background for the Hugs and Prayers card, I first sponged a bit of Memento Cantaloupe ink near the bottom, using my Jumbo Sponge Dauber.

Next, I sponged some Memento Angel Pink around the Cantaloupe (sorry, I didn't get a photo of that step). Then I sponged Memento Summer Sky all around and blending into the pink.

Sponged Memento Danube Blue.

I tore the end from Post-it Notes and used them to mask the top, so I could sponge the foreground with Memento Tuxedo Black.

I stamped the gorgeous silhouette flowers, from Hugs and Prayers, using Tuxedo Black.

The sentiment is also from Hugs and Prayers. Here is a peek at the photo I used as inspiration for this card.

Thanks for coming by. More previews tomorrow and then the release party on Thursday! Have a great day!

20 comments:

Kary said...

Theresa - I can sit all day to look at your cards!! They are so lovely!!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful sympathy card, Theresa. Thanks for sharing the idea and the instructions.

Joan
MN

JaniceAileen said...

Beautiful cards, Theresa! I'm not used to seeing you used DP--I like it! ;)

Erika Martin - Stampin' Mama said...

Theresa- you do amazing things with sponges! Love these!

Lagene said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! I love this poppie stamp!

Lee said...

Ohhh I love that scene!!! What a truly beautiful sky!! And love that potted plant!!!

Becky said...

Just gorgeous, when ever I need my mojo started I come here. What an inspiration you are :).

Sue said...

Hi Hun
stunning card as always, beautiful image, sue,x

Bev Gerard said...

Such a soothing, calm, sunset scene for your sympathy card, Theresa! The potted African Violet is marvelous as well!

~Bev

Matilde Hanna said...

Theresa, what a wonderful job you did on this card - it looks fabulous! thank you so much for sharing the how to - the minute I saw the card I was like """ oh oh show me show me!!!!""" and you did! thank you!

Carla S. said...

Both cards are absolutely gorgeous, Theresa! Your sunset is amazing and your coloring of the potted violets is phenomenal!

Cat Tidwell said...

Oh loving that sunset like that, how gorgeous! and the coloring on the other flowers is stunning as usual!

Lori said...

Beautiful, Theresa! Both are super cards, but the first background is amazing! You rock girl!!!

JJP said...

You have away of making the card just stand out. You use such beautiful colors in the background.

colleen said...

What a gorgeous card! (I like the violets one too! Cute)... thanks for the tutorial... wonderful job!

Melanie said...

fantastic mystical scene!

Carolyn King said...

beautiful sponged bg! love the flower pot card too!! Stunning cards!

Pati said...

Beautiful silhouette scene!! I like the colors in the Seeds of Kindness card also!

Deb Neerman said...

These are absolutely gorgeous, Theresa!

Unknown said...

LOVELY cards, Theresa!! Love those violets and your scene for the poppies is stunning!