Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Visions of Montana De Oro

Hello stampers! The other day I was thinking back on a time when I used to live near Montana De Oro State Park in Los Osos, California. When I used to live there, my husband and myself would walk the trails down to the beach. Each year the monarch butterflies would come back and the sky would be filled with them. I was inspired by my memories to make this card, filled with butterflies.

I stamped the large butterfly with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, then colored with Copics, starting with YR07.

Added Y17.

Added Y21, then filled in the lightest parts with Y000

For the background, I cut a piece of Pure Luxury Ivory and stamped the branches from Hang In There, with Versa Mark ink. Then I heat embossed them with clear embossing powder.

Next, I sponged Memento Cantaloupe ink, keeping it lighter in the center and very heavy along the edges.

Then I stamped the grass, also from Hang In There, with Cantaloupe.

The largest butterfly is from Hope is Faith, the medium is from A Beautiful Life and the smallest is from Sending Sunshine. All were colored using the same markers as shown above, and then cut out. I layered with Pure Luxury Black Onyx and used a Sweet Corn cardbase.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!

All the stamp sets, cardstock and inks can be found at Gina K Designs. The ribbon is from Joann's.

11 comments:

JaniceAileen said...

Theresa this is beautiful! Your cards never cease to amaze me! :)

Banu said...

OMG!! This is a stunning card. I also wanted to thank you for taking time to take all these pictures for us. It truly makes a difference and helps us a lot. So thanks :)

Judy McMullen said...

Wow! This is absolutely gorgeous! I love, love, love the butterflies in all their glorious color!! I would love to be where the monarch butterflies gather. I would imagine it is spectacular!

Kristie W. said...

So beautiful!! Love all the yellow :)

Becky said...

This is so pretty. And the butterfly looks like it is going to fly off the page :)

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Theresa
The colours and your design are stunning!!

Karen x

Maria L. (Canada) said...

Theresa, just one word.
STUNNING!!

kc_froglady said...

breathtaking!

Lori said...

Spectacular card and colors! What a site that must be to see the Monarch returning!

Janice M said...

Saw this over on SCS. It's gorgous!! I love how you sponge your cards, so beautiful!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

wow--these cards are beautiful! Thanks for the pics/tutorial! I always am looking for more inspiration and new techniques;) TFS!