Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Little Chickadee

Hello! Today I have a card using a stamp set from Mark's Finest Papers. Faith Hofrichter (aka Markie's Mom) has been a huge inspiration to me and I've been wanting to try out her stamps for some time. This is the first card I've made using her set, Ferns and Chickadee. (sorry about the low quality of the photo, I was getting glare every time I stood the card up, so the black on the bird looks more like gray - oops!)

To start, I filled in most of the white areas on the bird with Copic C1.

Shaded along the all the edges with C3.

Added deeper shadows just along the very edges with N5.

Added E53 to warm up the belly.

Deepened the color with E35.

Lined the outside edges of the branch with E59.

Added E57.

Filled in with E53. Then I cut out my image.

I stamped the ferns with Memento Desert Sand ink, on an oval, I had airbrushed with E53.

Stamped the ferns again, this time with Memento Rich Cocoa.

Cut Sponged Memento Cantaloupe on Mark's Finest Corn Husk paper (that was a freebie that came with my order!).

Added some speckles using my Copic airbrush and E55.

I layered with Pure Luxury Chocolate Brown and used Mark's Finest Corn Husk for my card base.

Thanks for visiting! I hope you have a great day!

6 comments:

Glenda said...

What a beauty! I love little birds and try and use them on my cards whenever I can. Yours is lovely!

froebelsternchen said...

beautiful !!!

Silke Ledlow said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! The birdie is really cute!!! Hugs ~S~

Deb Neerman said...

OMigosh, Theresa, this is gorgeous!! In fact, this card is so beautiful, it almost hurts to look at it!

Sending hugs!

Mark's Finest Papers said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!

JaniceAileen said...

Beautiful, Theresa! Those are beautiful images, too!