Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Birthday Bear and Gina K Blog Hop!

Hiya! The Gina K Design Team is having a blog hop today, featuring all the new stamp sets from this month's release. Gina challenged us to use at least two colors from the new Spring Cardstock Assortment on our project. I used my new stamp set, Hang in There, with Innocent Pink and Lemon drop Yellow.

Here are all the designers joining in the hop tonight featuring February's new stamp sets:














I also want to announce my two fabulous guest designers for Hang In There, Brenda Turner and Linda Payne! Linda and Brenda both made cards for the hop, so be sure to check them out. I'll also be featuring projects from these two ladies on my blog next week!


To make my card, I stamped the Koala image with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, then colored with Copics, starting with N7.

Next I used N5.

Added N3.

Filled in with N1.

I used W1 and W3 on the branch. After coloring, I heat embossed the image with clear embossing powder. I used my Versa Mark pen to cover the entire image with Versa Mark ink, so the embossing powder would stick.

I cut a 1 1/4 inch circle from a post-it note to mask for the sun and sponged, Memento Cantaloupe ink, lightly.

Then I place the circle I had cut out, over the sponged sun, using re-positionable tape, and sponged Memento Angel Pink.

With the mask still in place, I sponged Memento Rose Bud. Then I removed the mask and stamped the branch and grass, stamping additional times before re-inking to give some depth to the scene.

I layered with Pure Luxury Black Onyx and Innocent Pink and used a Lemon Drop cardbase. The ribbon is from the Spring Ribbon Assortment.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a great day and wonderful weekend!

17 comments:

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Your scenes are always gorgeous!

Lee said...

FABulous scene....looks like a beautiful Aussie sunset!!!!

Maria said...

Beautiful!

joy said...

Love the pink! Beautiful project.

Natalie said...

That's a great technique tip, thank you, I'm learning so much! Your card is cute, you make that koala look cuddly!

Melissa said...

I love it Theresa! Your little Koala looks so real!

NinaB said...

Oh, how I love that pink background and your koala is perfectly colored. Beautiful.

Cat Tidwell said...

This looks fantastic T! Love the pinkness!

Melanie said...

that ear peeking over the sun is the cutest! wonderful pink background!!

i finally finished my card, it will be up tonight!! :)

Carolyn King said...

amazingly beautiful!

Giovana said...

So pretty! Your coloring is amazing!!

Linda D. said...

Cute card. Thanks for sharing.

Linda D.

buggin2stamp said...

This card is so bright and cheeful with those colors. Beautiful!

Donna Baker said...

oh gosh - how adorable! love the pink, yellow & black together!

Lori said...

Great color combo! Love the little Koala bear.

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Such a wonderful creation! WOW! Two thumbs up!

Jennie said...

So pretty Theresa! Love the shades of pink with the yellow :o)