Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Blue Christmas

Hi there! Here is a card I shared at the release party for Gina K last week. I combined several sets on this card to make a cool winter scene.

I stamped the background stamp from Hip To Be Square, then sponged in the background with Bashful Blue and Ballet Blue inks. Then I stamped the trees from Holiday Cheer (current StampTV kit), using Going Gray ink.

I stamped one corner from the new Festive Frame stamp, then colored with Copics and cut it out. I placed that in the corner of my window. Then I stamped the poinsettia from A Year of Flowers, twice and colored with Copics. I cut those out, cutting just the inside leaves on one. Then I layered them on top of the poinsettia from the Festive Frame image. I added a few self adhesive pearls to the center of the poinsettia.

The round sentiment tag is from Holiday Greetings (from the current StampTV kit) and was cut out with my 1 1/4 inch circle punch. I layered that with a scallop circle, cut using Nestabiltities. I used a Copic to fill in the narrow border around the window and then layered with Pure Luxury Black Onyx. The cardbase is a new Pure Luxury color called Smoky Slate.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope your day is filled with smiles!

10 comments:

Payne Holler Cards said...

i loved this and copied it for a friend...just changed the sentiment...need a LOT of practice!
your cards are always eye candy! thanks for the toot - really depend on them - and will now try it with your colors!
hugs,
Linda

Sue said...

wow stunning work as always hun, luv the scene just beauitful, sue.x

froebelsternchen said...

that´s fantastic!
hugs from vienna, austria

Susi

Dawn Frost said...

The scenery is gorgeous! This is a must case card, lol! Its stunning!

The Other Patti Sue said...

So very pretty! Lovin the blue Christmas!LOL!

Lori said...

You never cease to amaze me with your cards and coloring!

SandyK said...

Gorgeous card! I love those blues.

Elena said...

Gorgeous card, Theresa! Love the blue colors!

Kay S said...

This is just gorgeous, Theresa! Such a pretty, wintery scene with the blue colors. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Cathy said...

Theresa, Another beauty in my favorite style. Almost makes me look forward to winter... I am kidding. Wonderful card, love everything about it as usual!