Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Treasured Grandparents

Hello! Grandparents Day is the first Sunday after Labor Day, September 13 this year. I made this card for the CAS challenge at SCS this week to make a masculine card. CAS is always a bit difficult and as usual this one got away from me doesn't really count as CAS. Oh well, one of these days I'll master the art of CAS (not!). LOL.

Here are a few details about my card...

I stamped the pocket watch from Timeless Treasures using Versa Mark ink, then heat embossed with Ranger Superfine Gold Embossing Powder.

I used Y23 Copic marker to color the outside. I also added E33 after I had started assembling the card.

I stamped the watch again, using Memento Black ink and cut out the center. I used C1 and C3 to add some shading.

Then I adhered the center to the gold version and went over the face with Crystal Laquer.

On the large panel, I sponged Creamy Caramel and Chocolate Chip inks. Then stamped the sentiment from Timeless Treasures using Chocolate Chip ink. Next, I stamped the branch from Signs of Autumn, using Chocolate Chip ink, but stamped off once to make it lighter.

I ran the panel through my crimper. (actually it's my mom's crimper, oops! Let me know when you want it back, Mom :)

When I started this card, I was grabbing card stock from my scrap pile and that is what determined the size of my panel. When I went to put it together, it didn't really work well on an A2 size cardbase. I was left with this big open area and needed to do something with it.

So I used post-it notes to mask of a long narrow rectangle.

Then sponged some more Creamy Caramel and Chocolate Chip. I used the mask as a guide to add a brown border around the rectangle, using my Rich Cocoa Memento marker.

Before I removed the mask, I stamped more of the leaves and added another sentiment from Timeless Treasures.

Thank you for stopping by. Have a great day!

8 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Wow wow wow what a wonderful creation and the step by step instructions are fab as always. We don't have a grandparents day here but yours will be over the moon with this one.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Elena said...

Gorgeous card, Theresa! Watch looks like real!

Sharri said...

Theresa, Beautiful!! I love the look of the watch!

Jennie said...

This is so pretty! Love the crimping and the glaze on the watch face! Nice design :o)

Jill Haddad said...

When I first saw this stamp set I liked it - but never considered buying it because I just couldn't "picture" how I would use it. Thanks for providing the picture - this is perfect! Love the gold embossing and crystal lacquer - as well as the crimping and "aging" of the papers. tfs

Lori said...

What a lovely card, Theresa! Perfect for the grandparents.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

This is awesome, Theresa!

JazzyH said...

Pretty as usual.