Thursday, August 7, 2008

Our First Challenge and Blog Candy!

Good Morning! Today is our first challenge at Stamping Links to Love. I am the hostess this week and I chose Out of the Box as our theme. The theme is pretty open to interpretation so I chose to make a round card, since this in not only not boxy, but also out of my comfort zone, since it is only my second round card.

This little birdie is from Best Friends by Unity Stamp Co. I free handed the tree and added a few gems. The little beaded corsage pin is a new embellie for me. I was at my sister''s house when I made it, so I was able to raid her stash. I liked it so much, I went out to Michaels today and got myself some beads and things to do more.

This is the candy that is up for grabs. You can be entered into a random drawing to win, just by participating in our challenge. There is a bottle of Prima flowers, box of Koh-i-noor colored pencils, blending stumps and small clear stamp set by Inkadinkadoo.

Good luck if you choose to play and thanks for coming by.

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Annapurna said...

Love it Theresa! Love the pin you made and all the ribbons.

I was wondering if I should comment on the challenge about your card.

Allison Rankin said...

Just gorgeous! I love me a bird, a flourish and some bling! When is some smart design team gonna pick you up?

Deb Neerman said...

You "free-handed" the tree?!? Omigosh, why aren't you designing stamps!?! It's amazing ... I'd buy it in a New York minute!!

Love the round card ... and yay! I made a card for your challenge! I'll get it posted up on my blog Saturday.

~Hugs!!

Bobbi said...

Wow, what a sweet card. My favorite part is the corsage pin. I love how it is snuck in there, sort of hidden, sort of not.