Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Perk Up!

coffee card
This card is for the Gina K challenge over at Split Coast Stampers. I just ordered my first Gina K stamps. They aren't here yet, so I drew this coffee mug to participate in the challenge.


I keep seeing all these fun projects using the little cardboard thing-a-ma-jigs from when you buy coffee. Anyone know what these are called? Anyway, I have been wanting to use one on a card.

The sketch challenge had a vertical panel on the left and the coffee cups on the cardboard would have been sideways if I just cut a long section from it, so I cut two squares and stacked them.

I drew the image with pencil, then went over it with a black craft marker. I colored it with water color pencils and used Versa Mark to heat emboss it with clear embossing powder. The coffee thingy is sponged with Chocolate Chip ink and mounted on a black layer. Below that is a layer of Creamy Caramel, sponged with So Saffron ink.

This is a picture looking out my front door yesterday. The reason it looks blurry and dark is because of all the smoke from the wild fires burning here in northern California. I can barely breath when I go outside. How do the firefighters do it? Keeping my fingers crossed that they all stay safe and no other families lose their homes.

1 comment:

Annapurna said...

Wish I saw your project here before I did my swap project. It is so coffee! Even the colors are perfect.
Be safe. Lovely view.