Thursday, June 12, 2008

A Dad Card

Here is a card for "Dad" that I made yesterday. I used Lovely as a Tree (Stampin' Up) on Very Vanilla card stock and watercolored the background with my PrismaColor water color pencils.

The scene is mounted on a layer of Basic Black, Chocolate Chip and Really Rust and then mounted on a Very Vanilla card base. I wanted to used twine in place of ribbon, but I don't have any, so I used raffia instead. It was a bit hard to tie, but I liked the way it looked.

This is my first try at using my new monogram stamper from Anna. It is remarkably easy to use and I was surprised that there is even room to make a few small words on the wood block, if you use the small letters.

Check out this card that my sister made. It is so pretty. She used the packing tape transfer technique that she described in a later post.

I hope your day is a good one!

1 comment:

Annapurna said...

What a cool idea. I will have to play with my set more. Love the coloring on your card.