Friday, April 11, 2008

Spring is in the air

Stampin Up card using Seeing Spots and Sincere Salutations

It took me two days to complete this card. I kept going back to it over and over again, trying to make it work. I was doing the color challenge from Kwernerdesignblog. I have noticed that the longer it takes for me to do a card, the less I like it.

The ones that come together easily seem to be my best ones. But when it takes as long as this one did, I never seem to be happy with the results.

I am still having fun with my new Cuttlebug. I used one of the Decorative Squares folders for this card. The square was too small or the scallop to fit so I improvised and embossed one side at time, sort of piecing it together.

The stamps sets I used for this card are Seeing Spots and Sincere Salutations from Stampin' Up. Paper colors are chocolate chip, old olive, close to cocoa, very vanilla (all from SU), and teal (CM). I embellished it with glitter, brads, and old olive grosgrain ribbon


Kildeer photo
On our walk the other night, Mike spotted this bird on the side of the road. We were surprised to see she was on a nest with three eggs. The bird is a Killdeer and apparently it is quite common for them to build nests right along the roadside.

The nest is, just off the road, in an empty lot near our house. Mike mocked me for bringing my camera the next day, so I could take the photo above. But then, the day after that, he wanted to know why I wasn't bringing my camera. He is now insisting we take it every day so that we don't miss when the babies hatch.
Kildeer eggs

This would be the photo he took. Aren't those little eggs cute? Gotta love spring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like your card very much. I think you can't go wrong with poppin' flowers and brown card stock!!!
OOOHHH egges! they lay them in odd places... we have an egg in our bird feeder!!!
Please take pics of babies! LOVE birds!
allison