Monday, April 14, 2008

A Fun Project and I Got Free Stamps

My sister, Brenda, came up with this fun idea for making a holder for those little purse size tissue packs. She wrote a tutorial on her blog, so if you want to try it, you can go there for a template and instructions.


I made one change from hers. She used Velcro to hold the flap down, but I cut a slot in the bottom of the box and made a smaller flap, which tucks into the box.

I thought this was a really good idea and it is super easy to make. She suggested on her blog that they would be nice to give with a matching get well card.

For mine, I used More Mustard paper and ink, Chocolate Chip paper and ink, Close to Cocoa and Soft Sky papers, glitter, a brad and pop dots. The stamp sets I used were Sincere Salutations and MY FREE SET, One of a Kind.

How did I get so lucky to get a free set, you ask? Well, my sister ordered this set and the boho punch. As many of you may know, the punch is supposed to coordinate with one of the stamps in One of a Kind. Stampin' Up was having a problem with a batch of their stamps, which weren't lining up properly and my sister happened to get one of those sets.

So SU sent her replacement rubber so she could unmount the defective stamp and replace it with a new one. Well, much to our surprise, they sent the whole set, minus the wood blocks and case. I am the lucky stamper that called first dibs on the old one. Sorry, Mom.

Now I have her defective stamp, plus the extras that they sent and all I had to do was make some blocks for them to go on, which I did. I don't mind having the defective stamp. It works great and I never wanted the boho punch, anyway.

It was kind of a pain to cut the blocks and router the grooves and they didn't come out perfect, but good enough to be serviceable. Am I a lucky stamper or what?

Just a reminder - Allison is on her second week of blog candy. Head on over to her blog to enter to win a set of handmade cards for this weeks prize.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lucky you! I love how Stampin' Up always tried to make things right!
I love the holder!
Thanks to you and your sis for the great idea!
Allison
PS. Come on over for some blog cady!
http://stampinwithallison.com