Sunday, April 6, 2008

A card, a laugh and a bright flash of light...

If you noticed a bright light in the sky earlier today, say around 10am Pacific Time, don't be alarmed. It was just me emerging from my house, wearing shorts for the first time this season. Yikes, it wasn't a pretty site. My poor neighbors. I hope they were wearing sunglasses.

I got the giggles after reading this post on Gabby's blog. Too funny, but what can I say? I am easily amused.

So I finally broke out my hostess stamp, From the Garden. Wow, I love this stamp. It is so detailed. It was hard to choose this one over the other sets that had multiple stamps in the set, but I am sure glad I did. Here is the recipe...

Stamps - From the Garden, Sincere Salutations, Friendship Blooms
Paper - Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, Whisper White, Dk Blue (Creative Memories), and Real Red ( ok, so I don't actually have Real Red, but that is the color I wanted).
Ink - Basic Black, Not Quite Navy
Accessories - Black Gingham ribbon, 3/16 hole punch, water color pencils.

I used my water color pencils to color in the flower after stamping it on whisper white cs. I stamped the Soft Sky with the swirl stamp from Friendship Blooms using Not Quite Navy stamped off twice. Then I glued the flower to the Soft Sky and cropped them.

For the ribbon, I punch a 3/16 hole on either side of the sentiment and made a tiny slit in the fold of the card at the same height. Then I threaded the ribbon through in and out and did a double knot.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ROFL!!!!! You are too funny!!! But that sounds like me too so I don't even wear shorts!!!

Great card!! I have this stamp but have not even put it together yet!! I will be doing that now so I can play with my. TFS!!