Sunday, April 27, 2008

Beate's Weekend Sketch - WSC45


I made this card for Beate's weekend sketch. I decided to make mine square (5-1/4 X 5 - 1/4 inches). My Stampin' Up order got here a few days ago and I have been itching to use my new stamps. Baroque Motifs and Wonderful Favorites are the ones I used for this card. I also got True Friend and Spring Solitude, so you will likely be seeing me use those soon.

To make the background for this section, I smeared some black ink (very little), and some Tim Holtz alcohol inks on Plexiglas and spritzed them with water. Then I let them run together and put some tissue paper over it to pick up the color.

I let that dry and then adhered it to a piece of tan card stock with clear acrylic medium (similar to Modge Podge). I put more acrylic medium over the top of the tissue after it was dry. I let that dry and then stamped the Baroque Motif by first inking with Versa Mark and then black ink. Then I embossed the whole thing. The embossing powder sticks to the acrylic medium.

The papers used are black, Blue Bayou, More Mustard, dark brown and Le Jardin designer paper. There are also three blue dew drops which for some reason are looking green in the photo.

Check out this blog candy I won from Pam at Paper Askew Studio. It is a set of Studio G stamps, some punch flowers and a truly awesome bunny stamp from Yvonne Albritton Designs. This stamp is unmounted which is cool, because I have been wanting to see what it is like to use unmounted stamps. Now I just need to spend a little time on SCS to figure out what I need to do to use it.

Thanks Pam for the candy. I can't wait to use it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE THE CARD! Love the technique! I want to try that this week for sure!

as for unmounted stamps... I usually use a little spray adhesive and use an acrylic block (just like the clear stamps). I know there is some kind of other stuff out there that serves this purpose as well (made for it).
Good luck and let us know what you discover.
I love your card... beautiful!
Allison L
PS. I am starting a new blog candy today! Maybe you'll win again!

Allison Rankin said...

This is lovely...great colors and that flourish is super!

Joanne said...

Brilliant card - love the tissue paper technique with the embossing on top. Really like your colour scheme.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card! Congrats on winning the blog candy.
Hugs and smiles
Beate