Sunday, October 21, 2007

Craft Wiki Helps Promote Crafters




Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to let you know about an awesome craft wiki site I found called Artful Shares. Artful Shares is a wiki site, so it allows anyone to become a member and edit or add pages.

That in itself is terrific, but the best part of Artful Shares is crafters and artists are encouraged to create a page about their own sites. You can't ask for a better link than that if you are at all interested in increasing your craft site's traffic.

If you do decide to join and create a page about your craft site or blog, which I highly recommend, there are some points to keep in mind if you want to make the most of this link.

  • Include the name of your site on the page, not just in the page title, and link it.
  • Write a general description of your site.
  • List yours site's features.
  • Include links to important pages on your site.
  • Include pictures of your crafts.
  • Use keywords that are important to your site and include them in links.
The more you write about your site, the more relevant the link becomes to search engines.

While you are there, consider contributing to the wiki by writing a craft article. By adding content on the wiki that is related to your niche, you will make having your site listed more important.

Another thing to consider, by adding craft wiki pages you get another opportunity to include your link. I created a page for my blog and also added a page about card making. Neither of them are very exciting but I hope to get back and add more soon.

If you know of any good card making sites, please add them to the page I started. I could only think of a few, but I know there are tons of great card making sites out there.

Keep it crafty!

Theresa

No comments: